Friday, July 1, 2011

Who Knew There Were Four Warner Brothers?

I always thought there were just two. And I think I subconsciously assumed they were twins. Sort of like a Fred and George Weasley dynamic.

Disclaimer: The following writing is going to suck because there is just way too much information. Also this is the second time I'm writing all of this down--I wrote it yesterday, but Blogger crashed before I could finish and none of it saved. Go figure. 


The reason this is relevant is because on our second day in L.A., Friday, June 24th, we took a tour of the Warner Bros. Studio. It was incredible. We started off in a place where they had a lot of Harry Potter movie memorabilia, like costumes and props. I took pictures, of course. After watching a short film about the Warner Bros. company and all that jazz, we got in a little trolley bus thing and we drove around the streets of the sets. It's like its own little neighborhood. Our tour guide (Scott Bender), showed us where an episode of "Friends" was shot, and some Johnny Depp movie was shot (I think) and where they made the street smaller for a Tom Cruise movie. Sorry that I'm not giving much detail; this was 6 days ago already. I don't really remember it all very well. Oh! We also saw Annie's orphanage. It was made of plaster. NOTHING IS REAL IN THE MOVIES.

After that were were shown the places where they shoot "Pretty Little Liars," and some old movies, and "Gilmore Girls" and that episode of "Friends" where it's the prom flashback, and Ross is sitting on the stairs playing his keyboard. I got a picture of the stairs. It was freakadeakin' crazy. And we saw the little lawn they used in that other episode of "Friends" where Phoebe and Rachel go running around Central Park. It was like 20 yards wide. The whole tour made us question whether anything was real.

We drove by the "Ellen Degeneres Show" and "Lopez Show" sound stages, as well as the "Friends" sound stage ("Friends" was a main focus of our tour, looking back on it.). The best sound stage of all was the one where they film the NBC television show "Chuck." Now, "Chuck" is one of my favorite T.V. shows ever, so this was a big deal. My cousin Elie (who was on the tour with me) and I both watch the show religiously. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the show, you can read it about it on the IMDb page here. I'd give you a link to the first episode, but I have no idea where to find it.

For those of you that do watch the show, we saw the cage in the back of the Buy More, and a lot of Buy More signs, as well as Ellie/Awesome, Chuck/Sarah and Casey's apartment complex. It was incredible: I actually peeked inside of all of their apartments, and I actually saw Ellie and Awesome's wedding photo!! I literally almost collapsed. Speaking of photos, I WASN'T ALLOWED TO TAKE ANY. FML.

After that we went to the props house and saw props from "Inception," "The Scooby Doo Movie" and other things. Our tour guide also took us too--and here's the best part--the Central Perk (the coffee shop where they spend the majority of their time on "Friends")!! We saw the couch, and the coffee table, and I even got to sit on the couch that they used in the last season! It was really crazy because everything near the couch was really big and everything in the back was tall and skinny. Scott said it was an optical illusion. He said that if you ever noticed, when people were walking in the back of the shop, they always took really small steps because there was like, no space. Scott also showed us the little pieces of paper Gunther wrote on to take their orders during the show; they were hidden under the chocolate cake that was always on the counter.

Then (this is the last thing we did, I promise), we went to a museum that had a lot of costumes and props from television shows and movies. That's what made me post that picture of the Joker from "The Dark Knight." The Joker was a man after the Man Repeller's own heart--he knew the oldest trick in the man repelling book: layering! I mean, he was wearing two vests and a jacket, for God's sake.  What a beast.

But the best part of this museum was that there was a whole floor devoted to even more Harry Potter movie memorabilia. There was the Goblet of Fire, the wax figure of Hermione from the 2nd movie when she was stunned by the basilisk, a dementor costume, the quidditch balls case, Cedric Diggory's costume from the 4th movie, and a bajillion other things. And of course I wasn't allowed to take pictures.


...And that was the end of our tour!
Now comes the good part: the pictures.
But be prepared, there are a lot.

Here we go.
(All of these photos were taken by me, just btdubs.)

This was a stack of teapots, used in some movie. Great description, I know. 

This is Professor Trelawney's crystal ball. The truth is, it's just filled with cotton and little tidbits of dirt and such. It's a lil disappointing, not gonna lie. 

These are called Star Waggons. 
No sh*t, Sherlock. 
They're basically wagons...for stars.

This is inside the props house. There were a crapload of props up in dis hizzle. 
(The above is a prime example of how white I am.)

This here is the famous Warner Bros. Studios shield. 'Nuff said, I think. 

Here we have the shoe-phone and the bomb from the movie "Get Smart." That shoe was on Steve Carrell's foot. And it doubled as a phone. (Keep in mind while reading this that I am writing this at 1 in the morning. Please don't hold anything against me.)

...It's an old fashioned car. 
Yeah. 

THE NERD HERD CAR!!!! CHUCK BARTOWSKI DRIVES THIS BABY ERRY WHERE!!! 
In case you didn't know, this is a "Chuck" reference.

A cutesy patootsey lil bike from "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory."

This is the front bumper of the Ford Anglia used in the second Harry Potter film. It's the one that Arthur Weasley received from the Ministry of Magic that Harry and Ron drove (rather, flew) to Hogwarts when they missed the train. 
Side note: I just spent the past four hours ranting about Harry Potter to my friend Adam. I'm on a bit of a HP high right now.

The Central Perk. Whaddup. 

Inside the Central Perk. THE COUCH. AHH. 

If you've ever gone to a movie at an AMC theatre, then you've seen that little clip they show before the movie starts with all those people walking into the theatre that says "AMC," or something. Well, this is that theatre. They're currently showing a Campus Movie Fest, evidently. Scott told us that they usually have staff screenings of movies there, but right now it's some Festival for the interns, or something along those lines. 

There were about a hundred more pictures that I took at the Studios, but even I wouldn't look at all of them if they were posted on a blog.

I have about a bajillion more things to blog about, but the next few days are going to be busy. I'm going to try extra super hard to blog as much as I can, but please don't hate me if I don't. I promise I'll be back soon.

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!