Friday, July 1, 2011

14 Days Until The Rapture

...Aka, the Harry Potter premiere. That's when the world ends. Haven't you seen the posters? "IT ALL ENDS." So ominous.

It's also 30 days until my (and Harry Potter's!!!) birthday.
And 10 days until camp starts.
And 2 days until I go back to New York.
And 3 days until July 4th.
And 33 days until I leave for France.

However, all of these countdowns have nothing to do with this blog post. We are now moving on to the next day of our California trip. On Saturday, June 25th, we went to the Getty Center. The Getty Center is basically a bunch of beautiful gardens and views of Los Angeles, and some nice art museums just tossed in there as well. It was really cool because I recognized a piece that was made by Lola's dad, who is an artist, and when we told the cashier, she said that there was a screening of one of his films upstairs as well. My mom was flipping out because it was the one film of his that she was always talking about, and I never remembered it.

Speaking of my mother dearest, she was kind enough to buy me a pack of 10 drawing pencils, all with different softnesses and such. I really needed that. If you're reading this, thanks momma!

The ride to the Getty Center may have been my favorite part though: I was in the car with my cousins and aunt, and we listened to Mike Birbiglia's "Sleepwalk With Me" comedy CD. It was SOOOOO FREAKING HILARIOUS. I <3 Mike Birbigs.

This is the beautiful Getty Center:
(All photos were taken (and edited) by me.)

This is the view of Los Angeles from one of the levels of the Center. Oh, I forgot to mention that the architecture was also out of this world. Like, it was literally sci-fi-ish. (If you look at that word too long it looks like sci-fish)

This is the dining area. It doesn't show you much of the view, but that woman in the background who's standing up makes me feel like I'm in the '60's. I don't know why, but she does.

This was a crazy statue that my mom and I both loved. I don't think I have to explain what I love about it, it's just awesome. 

This is the same view of Los Angeles as before, just from a different angle. How crazy is it that we could see so much of the city? 

This is the maze that looks a little like a turtle. We wanted to go in it, but then realized that it was surrounded by water and not solid ground. So that was a no-go. 

The rest of the day we just went back to Hollywood Boulevard and hung out. I don't really remember very well what happened, but I do remember that we walked along the Boulevard at night. We stopped at a CVS to get me medicine because I was (and am) still sick with whatever it is I have.

I'm not sure what I'm doing today so I might be back to post again, but don't hold me to it.
PS: While I was in LA, my friend Asha posted the pictures from my birthday party, so I have those ready for a post after I finish all of my California/Las Vegas stuff.

Happy July 1st everyone! Hope you said "Rabbit, rabbit" because I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!