Friday, July 29, 2011

FITting In At FIT: Day 12

I realize that 12 doesn't come immediately after 10. I apologize for that. Something else that 12 is? The last day of camp. Meaning the twelfth day of FIT classes is the last one. If that was unclear. Sorry, it's late, and I'm so tired. I can explain. Or maybe not right now. So tired. So many things happened in the past 48 hours it's insane. Having trouble making comprehensible and complete sentences.

1st thing that happened: I cut my hair. Looking a bit more like Kelly Framel from The Glamourai than Arizona Muse and Alexa Chung, but the kool (Greek) kat that cut my hair, Lorenzo, said my hair would take about a week to set. For now, I'm rockin' the Glamourai's 'do. Although, please note that her locks are a bit shorter than mine as she used to have a pixie cut. And I don't. Yet... (!!!???) Also, when I wrote "locks" instead of hair, I felt like one of those cheesy and ridiculously fake writers for those teen and tabloid magazines that just use the worst possible synonyms for words to spice up their sentences, when they're really just using cinnamon on teriyaki chicken (that was a spice reference; I don't care to explain it, yet I'm not sure if it made any sense. Chances are, it didn't. I just mentioned "spice" and thought I'd continue with that.)

2nd thing that happened: I got home at 9:30 pm after a full and stressful day of camp, my haircut and my yoga class in the park (with Edith) and worked nonstop until 12:30 on my sewing for my patternmaking class. Half of it ended up being useless today, which I was so pissed about. I felt like I was on Project Runway (which aired tonight, the season premiere of Season 9, at 9 pm Eastern Time, I saw it and have much commentary and little time/energy to do at the moment. There may be a weekly Project Runway analysis in our futures? Just thought of that right now. Let's do it.), because I was running back and forth from a sewing machine, which there weren't enough of in our room, to the table to rip out seams. I was getting so frustrated, like beyond belief. No one finished, of course, except for one girl who was a beast at sewing. Madd jellin', yo.
This is morphing into the:

3rd thing that happened: Today was my last day of FIT classes, as I've mentioned about 3 times already, and it was kinda crazy. I spent most of my morning class working on my denim shoulder bag, which is now awesome and I will show you it later because it'll be in a lot of my pictures soon, once I get my camera and am in France (my overexcitement is butchering my 10 solid years of study of the English language.). I spent the other most of my class (see what's happening???) socializing. Typiqual Untypiqual. New haircut=more social?? Wut?
FIT was an amazing experience this year. I learned so much and met so many incredible people, and made a lot of good friends. I'm sad it's over, but I'm also glad. It was starting to put a serious strain on my mental capabilities and my back. So basically it sped up the aging process tenfold. Hoping I used that word correctly.

4th thing that happened: I went to Edith's house after classes today, and she did some crazy magiq with her make-up and hair styling skillz, and it was awesome. She's gotten really good at this stuff. She took some pictures as we rushed to the subway station so I wouldn't be late for the Project Runway premiere (I sprinted down the block once I got home, with my huge bags flopping everywhere and got into my apartment at 9:01), so I don't know how well they turned out, but you'll see them here soon. I'll elaborate more on what she did when I have the pictures to show you. I've already washed it all out/off because a)my hair was feelin' extra crunchy and b)my eyes felt really dry and tired, and still do. Eye shadow tends to do that. Even the littlest bit. Which sucks, because several people have told me that I have the right eye shape to put eye shadow on because you can see basically the entire lid. I never take advantage of that though. No skillz in that department.

The 2nd that happened is the reason why I didn't blog yesterday, and the 4th thing that happened is the reason why this one is so late. But to make up for it, here's what my hair looks like and what I wore the last day of camp.

PLEASE NOTE THAT MY HAIR LOOKS BETTER IN PERSON BECAUSE IT LOOKS LESS FLUFFY. IT'S THE STUPID CAMERA. OH QUICKLY BEFORE I CONTINUE, THE SELLER AT AMAZON RESPONDED AND EXPEDITED MY CAMERA. IT SHOULD BE HERE ON MONDAY. SHE SOMEHOW MANAGED TO FIND THE MOST EXPENSIVE SHIPPING ($45), BUT IT'S WORTH IT, RIGHT? (L'OREAL: BECAUSE YOU'RE WORTH IT.) 


 Cutout top: Upson Downes for Urban Outfitters
Shorts: American Rag via Macy's
Belt: Urban Outfitters
Watch: Ben
Shoes: Christian Siriano via Payless

Whaddya think? I dig it. It takes some getting used to, though. It grows on you. Please write any thoughts in the comments--I want to hear your feedback! Any and all comments are appreciated. Getting the email notification from Blogger always makes me really happy.

I like using the "Boost Color" effect on iPhoto because it makes me look tanner than I am. Also, I thought my inspiration would come back when I got my hair cut, but it didn't really. I think that if half my wardrobe weren't in the wash, it would've, but I was slightly limited. That's partly why I didn't take a picture yesterday: I was so uninspired that the outfit wasn't worth posting. And I don't want to waste anyone's time. Just joshin' ya, I waste time all the time. People should stop worrying about wasting natural resources, like oil. Time is the one we gotta watch out for.

There ya are, folkities. I have much more to say, as per usual, but I can't because it's already tomorrow and my eyes are closing as I type. I've heard read people type that all the time, but this is for cereal. Which is what I had for dinner: Multi-grain Cheerios/Kellogg's Granola/Cap'n Crunch. Now I'm just digressing unnecessarily.

2 comments:

  1. Um..i just saw this...your actually amazing your hair is adorable
    as soon as i get back in september were going shopping for school!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!