Monday, July 4, 2011

I Saw the Sign

..."And it opened up my eyes/I saw the sign!" Yeah, I just quoted an Ace of Base song. I thought it was appropriate. That would make what, 4 posts that have titles that are either song lyrics or titles? Maybe 5?

If you were wondering what sign I'm talking about, it's the famous Hollywood sign. My mom had been telling my sister and I that she really wanted to go on a tour of celebrities' houses and the Hollywood sign, because she was not driving there herself. So on our last day in Los Angeles, we took a two hour tour of celebrities houses in Beverly Hills and places like that, then a half hour tour of the Hollywood sign. They were both pretty cool, but I was starving by the time we got off both of the tours.

After our tours, we began our five hour drive to Las Vegas. It was about 250 miles, maybe more, but there was one instruction on our Mapquest directions that said that the stretch was 216 miles. That was the bulk of it, I'd say. Over the course of the five hours, we stopped at like, three different places to get food. We went to a McDonald's and got snacks, then we stopped into something called "Del Taco." It's like the West Coast version of Taco Bell, and there are about as many of them there as there are Starbuckses in New York City. Which is a lot.


These are photographs I took on our two tours:

I'm not gonna bore you, or lie to you, and attempt to tell you which celebrity's house this is, but I know that throughout the drive we saw: Christina Aguilera's, Keanu Reeves', David Beckham's, Leonardo DiCaprio's, Tom Cruise's, and several others' houses. And we saw the house they used as Professor X's mansion in the X-Men movies (I thought this might excite you, Mich!).

Someone's ridiculously fancy house. 


And another. This one might be Keanu Reeves', but it also might be the place where they filmed "Transformers," or some other movie. I can't quite remember. Just ignore this, then. 

Beverly Hills! That's where I want to be! (Gimme, gimme) Livin' in Beverly Hills... Two lyric quotes in one post. (Hot wheels!) BEAT THAT! (For those of you who don't know that was a Weezer song. It's called Beverly Hills. No der.)

The view from the place where we saw the Hollywood sign. 

That white house was supposedly Madonna's house a few years back, until the had to move because of a "stalker problem." Whatever that means.

I didn't post a picture of the sign because 1) You've probably seen it a billion times, and 2) The one picture I did take of it was crappy.

My sister and I took some outfit pictures today. I feel a "Who Wore It Best" segment coming on...

I hope you had an outrageously patriotic Independence Day!

1 comment:

  1. nice photos! what a great tour of celebrities houses in Beverly Hills! I think that Christina Aguilera doesn't live there anymore. I've read somewhere that a real estate agent named michaellibow helped Christina to sell her gorgeous Beverly Hills home. Anyway, thanks for sharing your trip with us! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!