Saturday, July 2, 2011

Footprints in the Sand

More like footprints in the concrete, but you get it, right? On Saturday, June 26th, we went to the Chinese Theatre on Hollywood Boulevard to see the foot and handprints of celebrities over the years. But first, we went to see the final show of my sister (and her friend's) "The Adventures of Boy and Girl: As Told By Interrupted Monologues" at the Stella Adler Theatre, also on Hollywood Boulevard. After that we walked to Sunset Boulevard to go to a huge record/CD store that my cousin Sara recommended, called Amoeba Records, or something to do with amoebas. It was a pretty awesome place. I only stayed on the first floor, and really just within the first few rows of records and CDs. 

I actually did end up buying something there, even though I don't have a record player. I would say what it is, but for right now it's a secret. TBRAALD (meaning "to be revealed at a later date." I also wrote that just because it looks like something a dragon or a lion would shout when it was angered.).

My cousin Sara also managed to snap a few photos of my outfit for me without me even realizing it. I don't usually like asking people to take pictures of me, so the fact that I didn't have to ask made it really easy to do this post. 

The first few photos are some that I took of the foot and handprints at the Chinese Theatre. They're a lil dark, because we were there at night. 

If you couldn't tell, this one is Frank Sinatra's square. He's a pretty kool kat, so I thought I'd include him here.

MAH CREW!!!!  It's my three fave wizards, Hermione (Herm-ee-own, Herm-eye-oh-ninny, or Herman works just as well), HP and Ickle Ronnie the prefect (I'm in the middle of reading the 5th book, if that gives any sort of explanation). 

For some reason, Marilyn Monroe did a double square with someone else, and they wrote across both of theirs, "Men prefer blondes." Or at least I think that's what the other side says. She would, though.


And here's what I wore:

Sara caught us off-guard, I think. Except for Becky. Becky's always ready for a picture. 
Romper: Urban Outfitters
Cardigan/vest: Housing Works 

I bought this romper last summer at Urban Outfitters (rather, my mom bought it), and I’ve worn it countless times since. It was difficult to wear to school because there was a “no strapless garments without something covering your shoulders” rule, but I usually just threw on a cardigan. Since there’s no dress code on the streets of Los Angeles, I was free to wear it with our without the cut little cardigan vest that I bought for $10 at the Housing Works Thrift Shop in Chelsea in New York City.


The cool thing about this romper is that it looks like a strapless dress, but it’s actually got shorts underneath it! I always fool people with it. They’re always like, “Umm…that’s a pretty short dress ya got there…” and then I just lift up the skirt, and they’re like, “OH!!! Oh.”


And there's Becky, just creepin', as per yooj. 

Here's Becky, my sister Rachel and I bein' all cool and standing on the three wizard's footprints and pretending to cast spells. It was sort of like how the other day at the Warner Bros. Studios, my cousin Jordan and I had a fake wand duel in front of Starbucks. We did have real wands, though. 

Oh, hey, look!! That's me again, with my shoulder bag. That bag is something that my mom bought at Payless and that I painted on for my summer class at the Fashion Institute of Technology two summers ago. I use it for almost everything. I absolutely love my “I LOVE SHOES” bag.

(The parts that are boring are things I copied and pasted from the Chictopia post I did about this outfit.) 

I have several more days to cover, so I'll probably still be covering Las Vegas while I'm in New York. No, definitely. 

Have a happy Saturday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!