Saturday, July 9, 2011

Pretty in Pink

About a week ago, while I was still in Las Vegas, we decided to watch "Pretty in Pink." The only Molly Ringwald movie I'd ever seen was "Breakfast Club," and that was several years ago. My friend Danica keeps telling me that we have to see "Breakfast Club," "Pretty in Pink," and "Sixteen Candles" all in a row. And after I saw this one, we've decided on a Molly Ringwald Movie Marathon.

I enjoyed the movie and everything, it was great, and of course I'm in love with Duckie Dale and I want to have a Duckie, but what really got me was the outfits. The second the movie started, with Andie (Molly Ringwald) pulling on her shoes and socks and such, I was like, "Oh, I am so down." Usually when people think '80's clothes (the movie was filmed in 1986), they think Madonna, crazy colors and legwarmers and all that. Like American Apparel on drugs. But Andie and Duckie's styles were more like delicious mix between librarian/Iris Apfel/American Apparel/beauty. You'll see in a second.

 My lovely little Duckie. How cute is that??? Just take it all in.

 This is Andie's magical prom creation dress. That night I dreamt about cutting my hair to look like Andie's. I got over it the next morning.

 Ray-Bans. 'Nuff said.

 One pearl and one dangly earring. A lace Peter Pan collar, and a floral vest. I WANT TO BE YOU, ANDIE.

HOW HAVE YOU NOT DIED YET???? WHAT A FREAKING CUTIE RIGHT HERE

This movie has greatly inspired me to dress like them, forever. I was already leaning in that direction, but not as much as I'd like to. I really need to get my hands on a long, (pleated?) chiffon skirt. I can dig that.

Also, my classes at FIT start on Monday, and I went supply shopping yesterday. However, a requirement of being a student at FIT is dressing RIDICKY well, which I am so prepared to do this summer. So that's why I'm starting a segment on Monday called "The Camp Series,"(I'll think of a better name by then, hopefully) where I just put up the outfit that I wore to camp that day. It's just like regular outfit posting, but FIT-ish.

Off to the beach today. Have a pretty Saturday. Geddit? Pretty in Pink.

Vivint is giving away $1.25 Million to charities. Help us win!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!