Sunday, July 24, 2011

Time To Chop It All Off

That's right folks--I'm cutting my hair. I haven't changed my hairstyle in about 2 or 3 years, and I am literally writhing in discomfort because of my hair. There's too much of it and I can't take it anymore. It's all coming off on Friday. Well, not all  of it. Just a lot. I'm cutting it up to my chin, and I'll probably get some more layers so that it doesn't get super curly and poof out. If you're having some trouble visualizing it, here's what I want it to end up looking like: 

 Alexa Chung, one of the most effortlessly beautiful women on the face of the earth. 
 Ms. Chung and I both have the same face shape, so that's why I think this'll work. Also, look at her adorable little peace sign necklace. What a cutie. 

 Arizona Muse. What can I say about this woman. I love her. She is beautiful. This is what I wrote to Edith on a Facebook comment on this picture of Arizona: "She's just wonderful. And she had a child. Like, what?? You're one of the faces of Prada's Spring 2011 collection AND you're a loving mother? Where did you come from and how can I be you???"

Look at her and try and tell me she's not gorgeous. And we also have similar face shapes. So that's awesome. 

This is how it might look if I don't get some layers. That's a lil too much volume for me. But once again, Charlize Theron is another woman with an oval-shaped face, like me. Did you know that she was born in South Africa? I found that out while Googling her hair the other day. The internet is a curious place.

Prepare yourself--the next four days are the last times you will see me with my current hair length. I slowly phased out my bangs, and now the next change comes. 

Edith has promised to show me how to do this really cool thing with the ends of my hair after my haircut on Friday. Well, the thing is that I've wanted ombre'd hair ever since the Man Repeller got hers done, but I am NOT dying the tips of my hair blond. That's just not happening. But while I was in Manasquan with Edith last weekend, she mentioned that she thought I'd look good with dark red or auburn highlights. But I don't know if my mom would be down with that. I haven't asked her, of course, but why ask a question when you already know the answer? I'll bring it up at some point, but not quite yet. I'd like to get the tips of my hair dyed dark red, which is what Edith's going to show me how to do with blush and foundation. That one is temporary of course, but nonetheless it is still awesome. 

Speaking of Edith, she told me she got a new make up book and she wants to take some pictures of me on Friday, after my haircut. There will be some high quality photographios on this here Bloggy McBloggster soon after that. Get pumped!!! 

Enjoy the sweltering heat on this wonderful July Sunday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!