Saturday, July 23, 2011

Workin' At The Car Wash, Yeah!

It was not as hot as I thought it would be today. But I was just so tired the entire day. I would've been totally content with just laying down. And of course, the second I got out of the shower after getting out of the pool, my sister tells me that we're washing the cars. So I get to get dirty again. 

Washing cars is a lot more disgusting than I remember it being. We used to wash them all the time when we were little, and it was a great experience. Today, it was just the worst thing. Our car was repulsive, and I was getting very agitated by everything. And my sister kept spraying me with water and getting the side of the car wet, so that I had to wipe down the same window three times. I was so annoyed. I actually had to go inside. 

After that, I got dressed. Barely. I wore the shortest shorts I own, and a tied up top. And a very extensive arm party. 

For those of you who are unfortunate enough to not have come across an arm party before, they are just what they sound like: parties on your arm. Basically, you just wear a sh*t ton of jewelry on your arms (and sometimes hands), and it's awesome. I was like, the queen of arm parties when I was 8 years old. Even when I was 10. I was so on top of the trends. 

I was discouraged from attending these arm parties by my family, who did not appreciate them. But I was invited again by the Man Repeller, the newly crowned queen of arm parties. Check some of hers out: 



See how good she is? I'm jealous. For my arm party, I literally took every piece of arm/hand jewelry that I own and put it on. There was some strategy involved, don't get me wrong. But I'm so serious; this is all of it. It being all of my arm jewelry. No joke. 

Here's how I survived the heat, and how I counteracted all of my efforts by making my arms sweat profusely (just kidding that's gross they were only a little sweaty): 

(Photos taken by Rachel at my grandma's house)

 Shirt and belt: Urban Outfitters
Shorts: H&M
Brogues: Giorgio Brutini
You can see the beginnings of my arm party.

 Remember, these are the shortest shorts I own. Also, PLEASE ignore the face I'm making. Rachel insisted that I stand right in the sun, but alas, I couldn't see.

 Ma arm partay!!!
Left hand, meaning the hand that's on the left, not my left hand, from top to bottom, then left to right (rings):
Bangle: my great grandma's
Blue beaded bracelet: National Museum of the American Indian
Blue watch: Flik Flak
Pink bracelet: a birthday present from Edith
Multi-colored watch: Metropolitan Museum of Art (last year's birthday present from my aunt and uncle)
On my ring finger: button ring from Venice Beach
On my middle finger: opal ring from who knows where

Right hand, from top to bottom, then left to right again for the rings:
Purple plastic bracelets: birthday present from my sister (how is that possible she never gives me birthday presents)
Pearl bracelets: gift from my aunt Pam
Braided bracelet (you can't see it because it's in between the two pearl bracelets, but trust me, it's there): a graduation gift from my grandma
Yellow watch: Ben
Black watch: it has Mickey Mouse on it...I'm a little confused as to wear it came from.
On my middle finger: (bottom ring) my great grandma's; (top ring) mitten ring from Venice Beach.
Also on my middle finger, even though it wasn't supposed to be there: a small metal flower ring that got hidden underneath my great grandma's ring. I thought I lost it, but then I found it under there. The only way I can wear that one is if I wear another one over it to make sure it doesn't fall off, which is why the mitten ring is sharing a finger with it. It's so big; it probably just plopped itself down right on top of the flower ring without noticing. I'm sure it apologizes. Accidents happen.

I'm trying to figure out what's in the bottom of this picture but I can't. It's really disconcerting. 

After we left my grandma's house, we went to dinner with my mom's boyfriend and his brother and daughter for his birthday. I ate too much. Typiqual. My mom ordered a "mega sundae," which is essentially a ginormous, warm chocolate chip cookie smothered in whipped cream, vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce. If calories had a place to live, it would be in that dessert. 

Hopefully this "summer scorcher," as the news channels are oh so cleverly deeming it, goes away soon. There's no pool at our house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!