Friday, July 8, 2011

"Happy Birthday Odelia!!" "Thanks, But It's Not My Birthday."

The above conversation happened to me about 8 times on the day of my birthday party. It was a little bit embarrassing, because some of them knew, and were just saying it to be polite, and others had no freaking idea that I was born on the same day as Harry Potter.

I've told you numerous times over the past few weeks that I would post pictures from my birthday party--and I finally am! I've actually arranged all the photos I used for the past 5 days and the next 2 or so days in folders on my computer, so I don't have to take the extra time before I'm about to post to think about what I'm about to post. The pictures are planned, the writing...just sorta happens.

If you haven't noticed, there's something a lil wonky going on with my blog when I post pictures, because they often overlap with the right side of my blog that lists all my posts and followers and such. I'm trying to fix it, but as I've said before, I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to using Blogger. So you might just have to bear with me for a little while longer while I attempt to figure it out--but also keep in mind that that time will be probably extended because of the unusual circumstances (I have to read the entire 7th Harry Potter book and watch all 7 movies within the next 6 days.)

Maybe I'll just try making the first photograph smaller and seeing if it'll work, until I figure out how to fix the problem.

You can read ALL ABOUT MY SOMEWHAT DISASTROUS BIRTHDAY PARTY HERE.
All of these pictures were probably taken by my friend Asha, though there were a few people who took over behind the lens a few times. I'm assuming these ones are all taken by Asha.
Keep in mind that none of these are actually of my full body, and you cannot, therefore, see my whole outfit. But I chose photographs that show important details, or little pieces or corners of articles of clothing that I was wearing.

Denim jacket: Gap via Angel Street Thrift Shop 
Hat: J.Crew
This was when we were sitting in the Time Warner Building in Columbus Circle, waiting for the torrential downpour to let up. 

 Me, smiling next to myself smiling next to Darren Criss. Frick yeah!
I was overwhelmingly overwhelmed by my love for the man in the photograph in the photograph. No that was not a typo, just read that carefully and you'll get it.

 Not the best picture, but it shows a little glimpse of my quest shorts, which I wore with my mom's 1970's French blue and white striped shirt, seen here. Does this exact combination (quest shorts and mom's shirt) look familiar? That's 'cause it is. I wore it on July 4th. And it was inspired by the girl in the photograph at the very end of this post that I'm linking you to right here if you just click on these purple words.
Oh, you can also see my arm party: two watches, both VERY colorful. Men, considered yourself repelled.
(All "man repelling" references are owed to THE Man Repeller, I take no credit whatsoever.)

 I chose this one 'cause you can see my super spectacular collar. Right up there. See it? Yeah. Also notice how frizzy and flippy my hair is. That was all thanks to the rain that kept coming and going. Let's all give that rain a good round of applause. (Get it? That's sorta like thunder. That's the first thing I thought of. Wellmaybethat'sjustme.)

 Me and my friend Esme gettin' our creep on. Esme is the one who got me the Darren Criss autograph on my picture, which you can see above. And then there's my super-tall friend Ben being a dinosaur in the background. He's the one who got me the yellow watch.

Well, there you go! Happy birthday.
Wait, it's not your...? Right. Sorry.

Vivint is giving away $1.25 Million to charities. Help us win!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!