Monday, July 18, 2011

FITting In At FIT: Day 5

Remember how a while ago, while I was in Vegas, I said I felt like Liz from the blog "Late Afternoon?". Well, that was in this post, if you forgot.

Today I felt like her again. I liked this one piece of advice she gave. It was more like me taking a tip from her. It was in this post, and she said: "My uniform has become a varied version of this look. The formula goes something like this: loose bottoms + tied up top + 1 statement piece = out the door." You should check out the pictures of her in this other post as well; it's the same concept.

The reason I brought this up is because I bought this great skirt for $20 at Urban a while ago, and I've worn it a few times, but I've always never gotten pictures, or I did and they turned out too horribly for use. If I were to attempt to pinpoint its color it would be poppy, but sometimes it looks more orange, and others it looks more pink. I also have a shirt that I got at Urban a few years ago--it's just a loose, blue t-shirt (I have another in teal, it was a 2 for $24 deal), but it got stretched out a bit when my cousin borrowed it. So while I was in Manasquan and I wore it on the beach, I decided to tie it up because there was so much excess fabric and it was just too hot for that. 

I was inspired in part by myself, who I guess was inspired by Liz. So this look was inspired by Liz. 

All pictures taken by my sister Rachel. 

 Shirt and Skirt: Urban Outfitters
Socks: New York & Company
Shoes: Christian Siriano for Payless

Notice a change of scenery? Well I hope you like it, because I have a feeling it'll be in my pictures for the next few days at least. It's just some odd sculpture thing outside of E Building on the FIT campus. I saw it when I was walking to the subway with Rachel after class, and I was like, "Quick, Rach, could you just take some pictures?" She was reluctant at first, but eventually gave in.

A few things I should apologize for: 
1. my facial expression 
2. the slight blurriness of this photo. Rachel is taking an intermediate traditional darkroom class at FIT yet she can't keep the camera still. Looking at my feet (my photo feet) while I type this is giving me a headache. 

If you haven't noticed yet, I've been wearing my bangs clipped back a lot recently. That's because I'm growing out my bangs. I've had them for 2 years, and they're just such a hassle, especially in the summer. I'm also going to cut my hair short. Soon. Like, before we leave for France, which is in early August. 

I must go for dinner now, I'm starving. VEGGIE BURGERS FTW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!