Sunday, July 17, 2011

Squan Dry Goods

The title of this post probably makes you think of a beach novelties sort of place, right? Like the store Shell City in the Spongebob Squarepants movie, with dried starfish and clams dressed up with googly eyes pasted on them. But Squan Dry Goods is actually an incredible consignment store, in the New Jersey shore town of Manasquan, where my friend Edith has a summer house. My family went there for a night, after we'd stopped for a night at a bed-and-breakfast in a different New Jersey beach town called Belmar. 

When we went to Edith's beach house last summer, she took us to a bunch of different stores in her town, but Dry Goods was my favorite. You can get things extremely cheap--it's actually completely skewed my pricing abilities. Now something that costs $16 is expensive. Maybe it's because I have no money. Maybe. 

I got a lot of cute things there last year, but I had money to spend last year. So naturally, the first thing we did when we got to Manasquan was go straight to Squan Dry Goods. I tried on and saw tons of awesome things, but the only thing I bought was something I saw on the rack of clothes that people had tried on and didn't want. It's like a really soft chambray sleeveless button up shirt. That sounds weird, now that I read the description, but trust me, it's pretty. And I hope you trust my judgement when it comes to clothes, or else you wouldn't read this blog, am I right? 

Edith and I went back today, and I got a loose, silky-ish grey racerback tanktop. It's a little sheer when you hold it up but when it's on, it isn't really. 

The best part was that the first shirt was $5 and the second was $6. No tax. You can't even buy anything at Urban Outfitters for $11. 

Sorry that I didn't blog the last two days, but we were just chilling with our friends and I actually bonded with my sister by watching "A Very Potter Musical." The first act, mind you. That thing is long. Anyway, I hope you understand. I always feel bad when I don't blog, but I shouldn't really. That's not to say I shouldn't care if I don't blog, but I shouldn't feel obligated to if I haven't got the time and it's stressing me out, or something. 

Quick story: this morning my mom and I got up early to do yoga on the beach, because Edith's mom said there was a class there (their house is literally right on the beach, maybe 10 feet away), but there wasn't anyone there. So my mom decided to lead us in a class. Just us two. And it was pretty good, I must say. Now my mom wants to become a yoga instructor, in addition to her personal training certification she has. Later that day we went kayaking, meaning me, Edith and her dad. It was fun and quite pleasant, but now my arms are tired. They'll be sore tomorrow. HOORAY 4 KAYAKZ!!!

I'll be back tomorrow with my usual FIT stuff, don't fear! Right now I'm super tired--I actually slept in the car on the ride back, which I never do. I'm not a napper. 

Toodleydoodles! (Note to self: never say that again)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!