Tuesday, July 26, 2011

FITting In At FIT: Day 10

I have to be quick today, because I have a lot of work to do to finish my patternmaking class project. And I have to go in early to my sewing class tomorrow because I lost a project somehow. Yeah.


In sewing class, we continued work on our shorts. Mine are coming along well. We lost like, half an hour of our class because we had to go down to the computer lab to fill out stupid online surveys, which meant our break wasn't until 11:17, which was kind of annoying. I then went to lunch with a few friends, mostly the same people from yesterday (I don't remember if I mentioned that, and I'm too lazy to check), minus Ashley.


I got to my second class early, and just began working. I worked and worked and worked and worked and then had to go do the online survey for that class (this time the lab was in a different building because I was in A building instead of C, like I am in my morning class), and then came back immediately after and kept working.
And I'm going to continue working in a few minutes. I really want to show you all my sketch, but I don't know if have time. It may show up later on in this post, I don't know yet.


I had my mom take my pictures again today in the morning before camp, but this time inside the apartment, but not by the front door, but by the bathroom door.


 Dress: my grandma's
Vest: Chico's Platinum via Savers (yes, I wore it again today, gotta problem?)
Belt and Boots: Urban Outfitters


 Let's all take a moment to LOL at my hair in all of these pictures.


Oh hay.


Another mid-post update: 
I have officially ordered my camera, a

Canon Digital Rebel XTi 10.1MP Digital SLR Camera


It's beautiful, I'm so excited. The only issue is, it may not be here in time, since we leave so soon. We sent the seller an email saying we'd pay for expedited shipping. I REALLY hope she does it. If I have a decent camera and a new haircut in Paris, the sky's the limit. Wow, I just got a physical reaction to how overwhelmed I am. It was like that feeling where a cloud is creeping up your chest and into your jaw. Anyone familiar with this? Please let me know if you are, I need to confirm that I do not need to be checked into St. Mungo's. 

Second update: 
After ordering my camera, I was unlazified, so I scanned my sketch, finally. Here it is: 
Just subtract the sleeves, and add a short black, slip-like skirt underneath the pleated maxi-skirt, and there's what I'm making. This was originally scanned upside down, and iPhoto wouldn't accept the file type, so thank you Photoshop. 

I REALLY have to go now, this took much longer than I wanted it to. 
Must go eat and work and sleep bai

3 comments:

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!