Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Hoover Dam Was Too Damn Hot

It was 113 degrees Farenheit on Saturday, July 2nd, when we went to visit the Hoover Dam. It was my sister's brilliant idea to go there. She thought it would be really interesting and cool, and maybe a cultural experience--but no, it was just a scattered mass of sweaty people reluctant to look over the stone barrier and admire the dam they came to see because they'd have to press their body to the burning hot stone, and that was just too much to ask. Lucky for me, I wore all black that day and didn't even feel the extra heat.

I mean, it was pretty and everything, and I got some nice photographs, but I was wearing a thick, black dress that day. It looks flowy and loose and all in the pictures, but it's got about three different layers. Maybe just two. It was awful. 

The car ride there was nice, I guess. I just read Harry Potter both ways, and we passed through Arizona for a few minutes, which put us into Central Time Zone, and then we went back to Nevada and were in Pacific again.  

Before I bore you all to death, here are some photos I took at that damn Hoover Dam.

 That wonderful, burning hot stone wall I was telling you about. See? Even the people who built it knew it would cause us pain, so they told us to keep off.

It was a pretty foot.

 Da Hoover Dam, y'all!

 If you're wondering what these are, I am too.
 If you happen to know, please enlighten me.

Okay, it wasn't a completely worthless trip. That's pretty gorgeous, I guess...

 Scarf worn as a turband: Hamlet's Vintage
 Shoes: Christian Siriano for Payless 
 Sunglasses: from a sunglass store at Venice Beach

 I feel like Liz from the blog "Late Afternoon," especially in this post, because of the sunglasses and the colorful turband. 
Also, notice how my socks are two different lengths. That was an accident.

 Read more about this outfit on my Chictopia page! I could just copy and paste what I wrote, but I'd like you to check out my Chictopia page *wink, wink*.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!