Monday, September 19, 2011

The Weekend Update with Odelia Kaly

That's a play on "The Weekend Update with Seth Meyers" from Saturday Night Live. I can't tell if it's a really boring title or if it's clever.

As I hope to gooseness that you have guessed, this post is essentially a general update that I writing on the weekend. It's just a mish-mosh of info/pictures I'd like to share with y'all.

Order o' bizness #1:
Not enough people have entered my giveaway to actually carry it out, so I'm extending it until next Sunday at 12 am. Please enter, there's nothing to lose! Literally. You gain a pair of shorts, maybe, and the worst case scenario is that you don't. You can't win if you don't play, or however that saying goes. That's far too lame to be a legitimate saying.

Order o' bizness #2:
I was photographed at Lincoln Center this week by Christine Cameron from My Style Pill, and these are the photos she posted:

 Top: Liz Claiborne via Squan Dry Goods
Jeans: Levi's
Socks: New York & Company
Shoes: Giorgio Brutini via Savers
Ribbon: the bag of trims I have sitting on my sewing table
Things awkwardly sticking out of my pockets: phone (left) and business cards (right)


When Christine took my picture, she said I had a "J. Crew and Anthro" (Anthro meaning Anthropologie) style. I've never thought of myself to be J. Crew or Anthropologie (well, maybe Anthro a little), so it was cool that she thought that. Based on just this outfit, I'd think that too. My brain is so overstimulated by Fashion Week and whatnot that I have no idea what my style is right now. I'm still workin' on that one.

Order o' bizness #3:
There are still many things left on my "to blog about" list, including my Project Runway recaps and spring beauty trends. I'll get around to them, but right now London Fashion Week has just begun. Shiznits.

Order o' bizness #4:
Hilary from lyst.com contacted me and told me about her website; it's similar to Fashiolista, but better. I never really got into Fashiolista, but I spent approximately an hour and a half creating my Lyst, which you can also see a preview of on the sidebar on the right, underneath "Followers." Speaking of followers...

Order o' bizness #5:
If you read this blog and enjoy it, I'd really really really really really really really really appreciate if you became a follower! I even made you a supa easy tutorial to follow if you don't know how to go about following my blog. By following, it let's me get a sense of how many people read it, which is very important so that I can think of what to write about. And it's also quite good for the self esteem, so I've heard. So if you'd be so kind...

That's all for today. See you on the flip side! As in when the sun is in the sky and the moon is underground. Because I know for a fact that's where the moon goes during the day, he invited me over once and I saw his house. It was a bit dark, but we had tea and biscuits, and it was quite lovely.

Enter my giveaway! You have a whole week starting...now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!