Monday, September 5, 2011

Looking Back On Hurri-lame Irene

I don't know how hard Irene hit here in New York, but out where I was in Massachusetts, it wasn't that bad. My sister and two of my cousins were able to go out in the rain to film the dramatic, self-reflecting scene of their new short film, "Black Vengeance." (Note: this is funny because they're just not ever going to finish it.)

Instead of calling her Hurricane Irene, I call her Hurrilame Irene. Apparently, she wasn't so lame in other places. I think she ended up killing 19 people. Irene is just a homicidal bitch.

After the storm was over, we took my grandma's puppy out for a walk to explore the damage. There were only a few trees down, some power lines pulled out and some sidewalk pulled up. Nbd.

The view from the window in my aunt's living room. Literally, the view from the window's point of view. This is most likely what the window would see. 

TREES DOWN! TREES DOWN! (Like "man down"? ...Not so much, maybe.) But on the rill, there are two trees that fell down on this one street. Crayzee shtuff.

Look't that! It just flopped down wherever it pleased. Excuse me, I need to walk there. Plz moove.

I realize that this is not a picture of a fallen tree. But this leaf looked like it took a lot of rain damage. Totally weighed down by that water. What a drag. (Pun!)

Let's ad lib here. Maybe the force of the rain bleached the berries so they turned green? Let's stick to that one

Mushroooooooooooooms! Growing out of a tree in the middle of Massachusetts. Ewwy ewwy ewwww!

If you have any exciting survival stories involving going out into the eye of the storm only to be chased away by a horde of suicidal bicycle riders wearing umbrella hats, or something, feel free to let me know. I am highly interested. If you feel so inclined, let me know either in the comments space below or in an email to youreatulle@gmail.com, or on this blog's Facebook page, or my Twitter, @looneylovegood3. 

Actually, it doesn't have to be about surviving Irene. It can be about anything. Anything at all. I am sending you a cordial invitation. <--This is your cordial invitation 

Nightynight, friendz!


2 comments:

  1. Must have been scary. Good to hear you only had a few trees down near you. I have checked my followers and I cant find you. Neither has my bloglovin count gone up. If you would like to be in with a change of winning the competition you need to do both. Many Thanks. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's bizarre! My internet's been a tad slow lately--maybe it just didn't register? I've done it now though. Thanks for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!