Thursday, September 1, 2011

If I Were A Boy...


While doing making my usual rounds, I found something on style.com's homepage about fall beauty trends. I was like, hey, I just did a post about that, let's check it out.

But here's the deal: they covered some different trends, a few that I may try out because I don't like to spend a lot of time or effort on make-up. It's a tad androgynous (well, really pretty androgynous) and very minimal. It focuses a lot on clear skin, boyish up-do's, bushy brows, nude nails and minimal make-up--and 4 out of 5 of those things are quite easy for me to pull off (not pull off, but they're accessible). I never paint my nails, I have short hair, I have big eyebrows and I don't wear a lot of make-up. Clear skin is basically impossible at age 14, so I'll just forget about that one.

Click here to see the whole article.

Here are some of my favorite pictures from the article: one from each section.

The Brows: 
Everyone knows that I love Emma Watson to death, and her eyebrows are no exception to that. She has awesome eyebrows (maybe it's just that she's all around gorgeous??? Yeah, maybe), apparently, and this slide gave straightforward tips on exactly what shape to try out. This is awesome, because it's basically the same shape I have as well. I am SO READY FOR FALL/WINTER 2011. BRING IT, BITCHES.

The Hair:

I don't know if I'd actually try this, but it's a nice thought.

The nails:
I didn't choose a slide about completely nude nails because that's pretty straightforward. I thought this idea was soooo cool, I just might have to try it.

The Make-up:
I said the other day that I'm not a minimalist, but I am when it comes to make-up. This is wonderful.


 The Skin:
Obviously I'm not getting a special treatment on my skin, but you can if you'd like. Sounds pretty legit. I don't think clear skin has or ever will go out of style. 


The large presence of black eyeliner, thick mascara and bright red lipstick may have scared a few of my fellow make-up minimalists, so this is a good alternative. There's always something for everyone in fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!