Sunday, September 4, 2011

My First Fashion Week: Tales Of A Young Blogger


As all of you know, I am bouncing up and down in my seat, just waiting for Fashion Week to come. Well, not literally, I'm too tired for that. Plus, my scraped up knees allow for only minimal movement at the moment (alliteration FTW). 



Here's my NYFW schedule as of now:
September 7th: Independent Fashion Blogger's Conference
September 8th: Fashion's Night Out with the Man Repeller and the Glamourai
September 9th: After school, Lincoln Center
September 10th (and here's the really exciting news that I'll elaborate more on in just a minute): ADAM Spring/Summer 2012 Fashion Show at Lincoln Center
September 11th: Possibly at the Marc Jacobs boutique on Mercer Street for the launch of his new perfume, Oh, Lola! because Dakota Fanning will be there? Or else I'll be chillin' at Lincoln Center
September 12th-15th: After school, Lincoln Center

Okay, here's the MOST exciting news. I'm going to a legitimate fashion show. With a ticket and everything. HOW FREAKING EXCITING IS THAT??? I literally screamed and ran and accidentally tripped over a dog (this seriously happened) when I got the email from ADAM's public relations woman yesterday evening, telling me that she could get me a ticket to the S/S 2012 show, and that I will receive my ticket soon.

Wanna know how I did it? Welllllllll, last week I sent out emails to about 15 different designers saying things like, "I'm a fashion blogger and aspiring designer who wants to make connections in the business..." blahditty blahblah, and I asked all of them if they would be willing to let me into their show to cover it as a blogger and do a feature on my blog for the brand. I sent this email out to the PR people at these brands: Ruffian, Vivienne Tam, HONOR, Rafael Cennamo, Derek Lam, L.A.M.B., Charlotte Ronson, Guishem, Yeohlee, Norman Ambrose, Naeem Khan, Cynthia Rowley, Joy Cioci, Lela Rose and Katya Leonovich. That's....exactly 15. I just guessed before. I should enter one of those contests where you guess how many jellybeans are in the jar! Actually, that would be incredibly lame, and I'd be ridiculed as much as I am for being a Hufflepuff.

Anywhoozles (haven't said that in a while), I got one "sorry, we can't accomodate you," a few automatic responses and one yes, from ADAM. And I'm so glad it was from a name I know. I discovered ADAM within the past few months because the Glamourai did a post about his F/W 2011 collection. I liked what I saw, so I popped on over to style.com and looked at the rest of the collection, and I took the photos I liked and put them in the "f/w 2011" folder in my "adam" folder, which is in my "designers" folder in my "inspiration" folder in my "fashion" folder, which is in my "just for funzees" folder, which is on my desktop. (By the way, I spent the car ride back from Boston the other day organizing every photograph, document, screenshot and everything else into folders. It's wonderful.)

Here are my favorites from his F/W 2011 collection:













How wonderful was that? They didn't ask me to do a feature on last season's stuff, but I'm doing it anyway because I liked it. How incredible was that styling? The hipstah glasses and the cute little booties with the socks? That's my style. Well, not the glasses, because I never wear glasses, not even sunglasses, really. But I like them anyway.

I was superduperüberextra excited to tell somebody about this. My friends didn't seem as excited as me, for some reason...

Remember to follow my blog! I left that friendly little post about how to do it right up there yesterday. If you have any questions, comments or concerns, any at all,  either leave it in the comments or shoot me an email at youreatulle@gmail.com.

5 comments:

  1. wow guess what? i finally read this? this is SO FREAKIN AMAZING
    cannot wait to hear all about it :D congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bahhh you're first fashion week and an invite?! GIRL you have it made. Congratulations!! That's so exciting. I wish our fashion week was that exciting......I'd love to be around the corner from NYFW! Can't wait for the post.

    I just discovered your blog and its amazing, love it. Wanna follow each other? I always follow back :) Be sure to stop by! Also, I love your google name.....looney_lovegood? We have to be blog friends! haha.

    xx

    WITH LOVE from Australia!
    http://couturecaddy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Jacquii!! I'm so glad that you're excited and that you like my blog! :D It must be so cool to live in Australia! I've always wanted to visit.

    I'd love to follow your blog. It's really nice. You should take more outfit photos! The ones you have up are great, but you should add more so we can all see your wonderful outfits! I know that's a bit hypocritical since I rarely do outfit posts, but I'm working up the courage to do it more often. I don't like posing for pictures much. I hope it gets easier.

    My google name is a Harry Potter reference (I hope you understand where it came from), because I'm obsessed.

    Just out of curiosity, how did you come across my blog?

    Odelia

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!