Monday, September 26, 2011

Emma³

Emma³=Emma x Emma x Emma If we're being technical, it should be 3Emma, but Emma³ is twenty billion times cooler. 

I know I haven't been on top of my blogging game lately, but in my defense, I was plagued with a head cold this weekend and had to do something called "sleep" (? I was unfamiliar as well). I wasn't very good at it. Perhaps it is something where practice makes perfect? 

But to make up for my baby hiatus, I have decided to tell you all about the three Emmas that are not only style icons, but are highly inspirational (Emma Watson especially. I am basically in love with her. It's partly to do with the fact that she is Hermione Granger, but she's also a wonderful and spectacular person. Sigh.): Emma Watson, Emma Stone, and Emma Roberts. 


All three of the women are young actresses that started off small and have worked their way up to bigger and better things. Over the years, their styles have developed as well, and I'm here to open your eyes to the world of Emmas. 


Emma #1: Roberts
To be honest, I don't know much about Emma Roberts, except for the fact that I watched "Unfabulous" religiously as a child. DAY AFTER DAY IT'S UNFABULOUS AND EVERYONE AROUND ME IS UNBEARABLE!


Most people know her from "Unfabulous" or because she's Julia Roberts' niece, but it looks like little Miss Roberts is making a name for herself in the real world. She has graduated from Teen Nick Academy for Bad Acting (TNABA)and now attends the Real World Institute for Talented People (RWITP). Speaking of legit things, she was recently put on Derek Blasberg's list of young rising stars, alongside Zooey Deschanel, Dakota Fanning, Amanda Seyfried and Lea Michele. That's a pretty hot list Derek's got goin' on there, wouldn'tcha say? 


I haven't seen Emma in any movies lately, but I've been seeing more and more of her in Harper's Bazaar, so maybe that's a sign telling me to jump on the bandwagon. This girl's making her comeback, and this time she's doing it fabulously. (Pun pun pun pun pun pun pun, Nickelodeon!


All photos courtesy of harpersbazaar.com.

At the Missoni For Target launch party, wearing
a Missoni cardigan
With Jaime King at some runway show

At a different runway show, wearing what looks to me
like some good ol' Chanel Haute Couture
Emma #2: Stone
The world first saw Emma Stone in "Superbad" and loved her, then in "House Bunny," and then her career took off like a sparrow in November. Meaning fast. "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past" came next, then "Zombieland" and the one that made Emma Stone a household name: "Easy A." After that movie, she took about a million jobs and came out with "Crazy, Stupid, Love" and "The Help" all at once. The next big one is "The Amazing Spider-Man." Let us note that all of her roles in these movies were leads.

So she's basically one of the beastest women on earth right now. And she's like 22, so she has the whole rest of her life to become a legend.

She's been a blonde, a brunette and a redhead, and looks gorgeous as all three. I don't know anyone like that.

Her style is classic and beautiful, and wears Clavin Klein, Chanel and Christopher Kane. Check dis chick out. 


All photos courtesy of harpersbazaar.com.

At the Golden Globes last year in her infamous
Calvin Klein gown
Wearing something gorgeous and being l



          

Wearing Chanel Haute Couture at "The Help" premiere               Wearing Christopher Kane on the Jimmy Fallon Show.   
                                                                                                               Now that's the Emma I know--a laughing redhead. Like me. 


Emma #3: Watson
Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson is secretly a Parisian. Which makes her approximately 83.7 percent classier. The fact that she plays Hermione Granger in all eight Harry Potter movies makes her 104.6 percent cooler. The fact that she is British makes her 74 percent more awesome. The fact that she is playing Sam in The Perks of Being a Wallflower, aka one of my favorite books of all time, makes her 69.2 percent better than everyone else. Her intelligence, talent and beauty add another 256 percent onto that, which leaves us with 587.5 percent Emma Watson.

I'm kind of in love with her, which I mentioned before. Just thought I'd say it again. One of my many lifetime goals is to write her biography. Now that is something worth checking off your bucket list.

Let me tell you a short story. One day, about four years ago, I was walking around Manhattan with my mom and sister, and this teenager/woman comes walking at a brisk pace right by me, and it took me about 20 seconds to process that I was pretty sure that Emma Watson had just walked right by me. It's not confirmed, but it still gives me the heebie jeebies when I think about it.

If you didn't manage to pick up any of the magazines she was featured in this summer, such as Vogue and Harper's Bazaar UK, then you can read the articles here: read the full article from Vogue and small excerpts from Harper's Bazaar UK's feature on her.

If you don't see what's so incredible about her, then I don't know what to do to convince you. She was born this way. And she was born to run. From dementors and Death Eaters, that is.

Oh right--the fashion part. She looked adorable at age 12 and stunning at 21, with her Hermione hair and her pixie cut. Her current hairstyle kind of makes her look like Twiggy sometimes; there's a picture below. She's also flat out beautiful. Just look:


She knows how to dress herself in a very unique way; never subdued, but not Lady Gaga-ish either. WHY CAN'T I BE HER, PLEASE EXPLAIN. But seriously, I don't understand the science of it. Anyone wanna help a brotha out?

In 2009, lookin' chic at a garden tea party of some sort
Being a Twiggy-fairy in yet another garden for Harper's Bazaar UK's August 2011 edition
Emma in Burberry. See what I mean? She's like a good party: not quiet but not too loud. In my opinion.
Emma at the MTV Movie Awards, gorgeous as ever.

In an editorial that I can't seem to pinpoint. Bein' cute, wearing a literally handmade monocle.
I hope you have gathered as much inspiration from these infinitely inspirational women as you possibly can. But hurry, before everyone else snatches it up! JK, that's physically impossible. We all know how much I love making jokes about illogical things just for kix.

In other news...
Wait, that was a totally unintentional but totally perfect transition into what I'm about to say. I now write for the Huffington Post. They were looking for high school bloggers to write for them, so I submitted my work. I now send them blogposts as often as twice a week and they publish it on their site. I'm not sure how I was chosen or who else is doing it, but I'll let you know as soon as I get my grubby little fingers on that info. I'm lying, my fingers are not grubby. They just have blue pen on them because I like to draw smiley faces out of my hand freckles.

Also, the beginnings of my Missoni For Target purchases have arrived! I wore one of the headbands today. I felt very Italian. I think there was even pizza for lunch today at school.

The winner of my shorts giveaway was Daxia from Silk and Satan.

I won't be covering spring clothing and beauty trends until after Paris Fashion Week. Same with street style. If you recall, street style is the first thing I wrote about on this blog. Memories...

I feel like I'm forgetting something, but I hope I'm not.

Oh, but I am.

Last night I saw Newsies!, an off-Broadway show about 1899 newsboys. It was really good, and my mom's student was in it. Plus the lead had some serious pipes. I'm talking Aladdin-style. Since it was out in Jerz-ay, I got home at 12 am and had to get up at 6 am for school. And I had a science test today. I love how these things play out so nicely.

Enjoy your three day school week, I know I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!