Thursday, September 8, 2011

F/W FTW: I Am Too Ready For Fall

I am in love with fall. I've just decided this, within the past few days. It was sort of like an epiphany. I used to love summer, because, uhder, no school, but this summer I decided, meh, not so much. Don't get me wrong, this was one of the best summers I've ever had, but I get tired of wearing shorts. It might've been the fact that I wore the same 4 pieces of clothing for 3 weeks while in France that tired me out, but in any event, I am done with summer. And I am so excited for fall and winter. The one thing that I am looking forward to the most is snuggling up in a nice big sweater, or a chunky cardigan, and wearing a comfortable pair of pants (I'm very picky about what pants I wear). I am so overwhelmed by how excited I am.

This post is the one I have been dreading, because covering fall fashion is a huge job. (Funny how I'm posting this right at the start of fall fashion week, where we're suddenly taunted by spring and summer once again, the second they're officially over.) However, thanks to my extremely well-organized folders on my computer, it wasn't such a daunting task. But since I have a folder for around 37 designers, I could only choose around 1 from each (and there are some that I left out). The following pictures are in alphabetical order, btdubz.
Heeeeeeeere we go!!

Adam: 
 The perfect slouchy-meets-sexy look for fall and winter.

Alberta Ferretti: 
I already told you that orange is in for fall, so Alberta Ferretti is just confirming it. This falls into the category of 60's mod as far as trends go.

Alexander McQueen:
Red is yet another trend this season. Why the fuq not go all out? Kill two birds with one stone with this coat, because it includes red and fur.

 Alexander Wang:
Alexander Wang is known for his supah laid back and chill-style clothing. This season is no exception.

 Alice + Olivia:
I really liked most of this season's collection from Alice + Olivia, but I told you that I'm really digging the big coats and sweaters and whatnot. And anoraks. Those are pretty g.

 Chanel:
Look at who it is!!! My fave grl, Arizona Muse! I was more of a fan of the original Chanel stuff than the contemporary collections, but this stuff is right up my alley. One of the main things that determines whether or not I'll wear something is if it's comfortable. This looks comfortable, and it also strikes the perfect balance between menswear-inspired clothing and femininity, a.k.a. menswear without looking androgynous.

 Derek Lam:
Anyone who knows me knows that I love a good maxi skirt, so there's no reason why this should be an exception. I love the way it flows and moves around the model's ankles. The simplicity is also nice--not something I'd do, but it works for a lot of people. 

 DKNY:
More of that red showin' its very bright face at DKNY. I also love slouchy cardigans, like so. This is good stuff right here.

 Giorgio Armani:
Armani is not a brand that usually tickles my fancy, but I loved the simple elegance and ease of this dress. It's gorgeous. I don't wear a lot of sparkles, ever, really, but the cut of the dress is so effortless. And the fur neck ring makes it that much more glamorous.

 Gucci:
I wouldn't be covering fall 2011 fashion if I didn't include Gucci's colorful furs. I'm not much of a fur gal, but it's growing on me (fake fur, of course) (oh wait also a pun sort of, maybe just a play on words?). 

 Lanvin:
I liked the structured-ness of this dress, and the large, abstract print. It's fun, but also sort of sophisticated because of the black and white color palette. 

 Malandrino:
Malandrino. By Catherine Malandrino. I love this brand. I rediscovered it during fashion week in March, and at the time I wasn't as smitten with it as I am right now. It's the perfect sexy hipster collection. Hipster Bitch, if you will. Now, I'm not a hipster, no matter what my cousin Sara says, but I do love the nerdy-chic thing that Malandrino's got going on. In fact, I loved it so much, that I cheated and put in two pictures from the F/W 2011 collection.

 Malandrino:
I'm pretty sure it's a velvet dress. Everyone knows that velvet drapes well when it's used like this because it's used to make, well, drapes. Velvet never appealed to me because it reminded me too much of my childhood wardrobe (not in the cute overalls way, though), but this is shexy. Her hair mimics the shape of the skirt. Pure genius.

 Missoni:
As you all know, I covered Missoni last week, but this stuff is taken from their lookbook, not the runway show. I already told you why I love Missoni's F/W 2011 stuff, but this is another one of their awesome, snuggly but not shlumpy/frumpy sweater dresses, and my beloved socks-with-heels look. She just looks übercomfy.

 Nina Ricci:
She's chill and laid back, but still looks like a badass chick. Rockin' a leather jacket and a white shirt with floral detailing at the neckline? I think yes.

 Rodarte:
Rodartedy-dartedy-darte! How I love you so! The hair was just awesome, but I also really liked some of the clothing. No duh. This is a look that fits my style, and I can definitely see myself wearing something like this this season.

 Seth Aaron Henderson:
The winner of Project Runway Season 7 is at it again. I was rooting for Seth Aaron the whole time, and I was so happy when he won. However, I was worried that he'd disappear off the face of the earth like some other winners, like Leanne (season 5) or Irina (season 6), but he's stayed in the game. In this look/collection, he not only referenced his previous collection, but he was also on top of the black and white trend that's so prevalent this season.

 Tibi:
I only discovered Tibi after the Man Repeller styled their window at Bloomingdales and when she was chilling at the Tibi boutique in Soho earlier this year, but after that point, Tibi started popping up everywhere. I told you just before that I've started digging the (fake) fur trend all of a sudden (it sort of started when I saw a fur vest from Bel Air while in France in August). 

 Valentino:
I'm not usually a fan of huge names like Valentino, Prada, Louis Vuitton, Gucci, etc., but I thought this outfit was really cute. It's just overwhelmingly adorable.

 Zac Posen:
Remember when I told you that I have all 34 of Zac Posen's collections saved on my computer? Well, here's one of those pictures. This was my favorite from his fall collection, and I'm actually really excited to try the buttoned-up-cardigan-under-a-blazer look. I'm actually really excited. 

I hope that quenched your thirst for fall fashion coverage--now get ready for spring! As we speak, meaning as you read this, I'll be at school, for my first day. I would've posted it yesterday, but I had to do the live stream of the IFB Conference yesterday. If it's your first day of school, good luck. But more importantly, show me your first day outfits! I'll show you mine if you show me yours. Well, I'll show you mine anyway. 

Send your picz to youreatulle@gmail.com, post them on my blog's Facebook page or my Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!