Friday, September 23, 2011

P.S. I Made This

That happens to be a book, but that's sort of how I said goodbye to my friends the other day. When I was about to leave, I was like, "Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, I made this shirt." Everyone was like, "Wait you're lying. You did not!! Jesus Christ!" It was pre-tty exciting stuff, I must say. When I got home, I tried to take pictures as best I could, but I was home alone and I don't have a tripod or a remote control. I had to use a standing shelf thing and the self-timer. Not the best pictures ever, I know. I just wanted to show you all some of my sewing skillz.

Just so you know, I didn't make the pattern for the shirt. My sewing teacher from this summer at FIT gave us the pattern, but I don't even know if she made it. I did modify it though, and I chose the fabric. And of course, I sewed it.

Another just-so-you-know moment: I'm going to try and get more designing/sewing going on in this club. It's pretty difficult, since I've barely had time to blog properly, but I am tryin' here!!

 Top: me!
Pants: Forever 21
Denim Jacket: Gap via Angel Street Thrift Shop
Belt: Urban Outfitters
Shoes: Urban Outfitters
Watch: gift

This is my awkz face. WAZZUP GUYZZZZ!!!

This is not the best picture of the shirt because the fit looks wacky (way tighter than it really is--it's more of a boxy shape in reality), but I just wanted to show you it.

*BREAKING NEWS!!!*
I wrote this while watching Project Runway, and just as Viktor's look comes out, I notice that his shirt is made WITH THE SAME PRINT. COME AT ME!!! I literally had a mini flip out sesh there. And guess what? HE WON THE CHALLENGE! Winning print, eh? Eh? 





It was also featured in Marie Claire and Rolling Stone. I can't handle this. 


*ANOTHER BREAKING NEWS*
1. Bad grammar is my thing (see above)
2. Olivier's losing featured a print that I was this close to buying, but didn't. I guess there's a reason why.



That's all for today--keep in mind that I wanted to post this last night, but I needed to wait until today to get the picture for you of Viktor and Olivier's looks. It was worth it, no? Still freakin' out here.

Follow my blog! If you don't know how, CLICK HERE and follow these easy peasy lemon squeezy instructions. Being a follower brings you one step closer to my heart. 


Enter my giveaway! Please! Free shorts! Yeah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!