Tuesday, September 13, 2011

ADAM: Live Coverage (And Some Minimal Coverage As Well)

As you all know, this Saturday at 2 pm, I went to the ADAM fashion show at Merecedes-Benz Fashion Week. 

Being my typiqual self, I was of course a few minutes late, and once I got inside the tent and to the runway, I was just standing around like I had no idea what I was doing, which I didn't. I finally asked someone if I had a seat assigned or if I had to stand, and they told me to go back out and get my ticket, and then come back and get a seat assignment. I did so, and after talking to several PR women, I got a seat in the 5th row, on the aisle. 

Once I was situated in said seat (A531-A, I believe? Something like that), I looked across the aisle and saw none other than...
 
Zanna Roberts Rassi herself: Senior Fashion Editor at Marie Claire magazine. I tentatively approached her and asked for a picture, because she was tweeting or texting or something on her iPhone. I was tempted to give her a business card, but I didn't. She looked busy. I continued to walk down the front row, until I spotted...
Hanneli Mustaparta (I'd seen her the other night at Coach, but hadn't known it was her then, or even at this point--I realized afterward) and asked the same. I kept walking and saw who I was sure was...
Derek Blasberg, Editor at Large of Harper's Bazaar, my favorite magazine, but I sure as hell wasn't going to ask, "Excuse me, but are you Derek Blasberg?" I took his picture and give him my card. He really liked the name--SCORE!!! 

Then the show started. On the sheet of paper awaiting me at my seat, it said that Adam Lippes was inspired by the High Line in Chelsea, in New York City. The show started off with a lot of sheers in pastels. I love sheer clothing. I think it's about a million times sexier than body-con dresses and push-up bras. This could turn into a whole "body image" thing, I'm sure you've all heard the spiel a billion times, so I'll just get back to the show. Literally. 

Then he started incorporating some light florals, which turned into dark florals paired with greys to balance out the contrast. From there, he moved into black with black and white polka-dots (Marc Jacobs-esque, some might say), and then wound its way back to the florals and the light colors and sparkling whites (and I mean literally sparkling; there were definitely some sequins involved.). 

The trends covered in this show: sheers, big floral prints, pastels, neutral separates, polka-dots, statement jackets. 
As for hair and make-up: both were minimal, most models had the front pieces of their hair brought to the back, a look that I loved when I had long hair, and still love on other people. The make-up was fairly minimal--that is to say, nothing drastic. 

My camera didn't take the best pictures seeing as I've never shot a runway show before, but here's what I've got: (Keep in mind that this is not the whole collection. View the whole collection HERE.)

All photos that are otherwise stated were taken by me: 

 Papa-paparazzi!

My photo
What it really looks like



My photo
What it really looked like
















This week is unbelievably hectic what with it being the first full week of school and fashion week all in one, so don't hate me if I end up being behind on blogging. I'll be back asap, I promise!

Remember to enter my giveaway! Do it! You could win something. For free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!