Wednesday, February 29, 2012

French Birds

"French bird" sounds like "blackbird," right? Just a little? Maybe? I'm trying to explain to myself why I suddenly have "Blackbird" by The Beatles stuck in my head. As of late my friend Elly (you'll see more about this very girl in a few weeks' time) has been attempting to convince me that certain words sound like others when in fact they don't. Her favorite phrase is currently "Uganda dobby gureli!" because she claims it sounds like "You gotta stop it already!" She particularly enjoys saying it out of context. I digress. Back to French birds. 

My shirt and sunglasses are both French and my jacket is bird-like. That is my story. I've become quite skilled at telling really lame stories. Exhibit A right here. 

I'm pretty sure I've written about each article of clothing that I'm wearing in the below pictures at least once, so I'm going to link back to all of them 'cause I feel like it's time to reminisce. Today's the day that only happens every four years, so why not? Those two thoughts were completely unrelated, I just had to slip in the whole Leap Day thing somewhere. 

This is the last outfit taken of me in Lincoln Center during New York Fashion Week. 

Photos by Octavia Bürgel (now you know who she is!!!) 

Can you spot skraf man in the background? It's like Where's Waldo!

Top: Louis Vuitton (worn here)
Skirt: made by me (worn here and here, during last season's NYFW!)
Ostrich feather jacket: John Pappas Furs (worn here and here and here) via my grandma via her papa
Leopard print Converse: designed by me, made by Converse (worn here)
Sunglasses: some store in Nice, France (worn here)

A chilly wind did blow; 'twas quite a frigid day.

Caught mid-speech. This is what we would call "subtle ugly." Other examples of subtle ugly: pre-sneeze face, post-"Cheese!" face. 

People were probably wondering when I would take off. You know, as in fly away. I have wings, don't I? Okay, I guess bird jokes are over. 

On a completely different note, I was told that on 30 Rock, they said you're supposed to wear blue and yellow on Leap Day, so I did. It was like I was part of a secret group. An elite secret group. My friend Emma wore the two colors by accident today, so she must be really in tune with the stars and whatever. That fish cray. 


Tomorrow is March 1st, which means it's only 20 days until spring officially begins. That means within that period of time I will tell you about all the fancy makeup, accessory and hair trends for spring 2012: the season we've all been waiting for. This is it, guys. GET PUMPED. 



2 comments:

  1. just found your blog through chictopia and it's awesome! so is that coat! and the blog's title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. speechless! amazing outfit!

    http://underfashionarrest.blogspot.com
    http://underfashionarrest.blogspot.com

    kisses!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!