Monday, February 13, 2012

No Ostriches Were Harmed In The Making Of This Blogpost

That's not a promise.

I told you to expect velvet, ostrich feathers and glitter platforms to be worn by me to the Tibi show. Subtract the word "glitter" and add "snakeskin" and you've got yourself a true statement. I was told that it was going to snow on Saturday so I was afraid to wear my glitter shoes because they're not exactly weather-proof, but it did not snow one bit while I was outside. Of course.

I'm really glad that I wore this coat today, because at the Tibi show, Hanneli Mustaparta complimented me on it. She actually petted it, really. I was in shock for a long time afterward, especially since I'd met her at the ADAM show last season and I was too star-struck to say anything besides, "Do you mind if I take your picture?"

There will of course be a full post on the awesomeness that was the Tibi Fall 2012 presentation, but for right now, let some outfit photos suffice.

Photos by my mom (except the last one). 

Ostrich feather jacket: vintage John Pappas Furs via my grandma/Scarf: my grandma/Top (vest worn backwards): Charlotte Russe via Squan Dry Goods/Velvet maxi skirt: ABBA via my mom/Shoes: vintage BCBG Max Azria snakeskin platforms via my grandma

Three points for grandma, two for mom (you'll see number two below) and one for me. I think grandma wins. 

My legs are crossed, I don't have two left feet, literally.

Cardigan: BYDESIGN via my mom


Ostrich feathahz. They look like a field of wheat, but not in real life. 

I hope you're enjoying New York Fashion Week! I know I am. 

1 comment:

  1. so cool love it :)

    your newest follower Michelle
    http://pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!