Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Farah Angsana Fall 2012

This is the last show from New York Fashion Week that I attended that I'm covering for this season (but be sure to check out the second Geoffrey Mac review I wrote on Chictopia). I'm so behind on the collections. I've kept you all in NYFW when everyone's already in Paris, the final stop during fashion month. What I would give to be there right now... probably my sister. Or my dog (if I had a dog).

The feeling I got from Farah Angsana's Fall/Winter 2012 collection was classy business woman by day, classy partier by night. It's like a sophisticated Hannah Montana analogy. (Note: I am not comparing the high fashion clothing seen on the New York runways to that of the blond wig-wearing bong-smoking insane teen who clearly has identity issues.) The one thing in common between the two, though, is that neither style is never boring. Ms. Montana chose to wear a yellow zebra print top, a poofy white skirt, brightly colored tights and a pair of boots that resemble roller skates whose shade mimics that of urine. Farah's girls, on the other hand, just like to keep things interesting. If the silhouette of a garment is simple, the it's in metallic green, or embellished like there's not tomorrow. If the color is neutral, there's some fancy tailoring, like a peplum, or even arm peplums. You'll see those in a minute.

I think the message from this show was about living life to its fullest and having fun. Just like how I described above, the entire collection was just a big party--some peplums here, metallic coats there, several orange gowns peppered throughout (cue Mr. Salt and Mrs. Pepper from Blue's Clues). There were definitely some more serious looks, like a long-sleeved shift dress with what appears to be a lace body and white sleeves. Sounds boring? Probably not, unless your style is akin to Lady Gaga's or our good pal Nicki. No judgement (disclaimer: I am lying. I am judging you.), but if it's true, pairing the look with dramatic but simple eye makeup, a sleek chignon and a bright red lip (make that two lips) might spruce it up for you. Blue hair is optional, if you're channeling Katy Perry.

This is the last time you'll be visually assaulted by a ridiculous amount of photos for a while.


What did I tell you about the embellishments.

And there it is! That lace with white sleeves dress. Not so boring now, is it, Gaga-Minaj-Perry wannabe?

Shrink the dress in the previous photo by accident? No problem! Throw on some leather pants and you're all set.

Is that a fur collar I see?

PEPLUM!

ARM PEPLUMS!

 What. Did. I. Tell. You.

Metallic coats are coming back. I can feel it.

See? Three Two makes a trend. No, it doesn't, but for our purposes here it does.

Orange gown number one.

Orange gown number two. I'm not even a huge fan of orange (you'd never guess from these two posts), but I love the bedazzled sleeves. Ço (pronounced "so," just that much classier because it involves a French accent mark) fun. 

Dayum girl. Own that chiffon. Work it.

Red is hands down my favorite color ever at the moment, so obviously I love this one. Deep v-necks are having a moment as well, so this is right on trend. 

This look is a little sweeter, less "COME AT ME BOYZ!!!" and more "How 'bout you and me discuss this over a glass of champagne?" What you're discussing I do not know, your private life is none of my business. 

Not gonna lie, this one reminds me a little of American Apparel. 

A bejeweled dress is practically a neutral. Jayplay, it's a statement dress if there ever was one. 

That just might be the highest slit I've ever seen. 

That looks heavenly. She looks like she's swimming in her dress (funny, 'cause it's blue, like water). 

Very Zac Posen-esque. 

Leather gloves are a thing! I can totally dig that. 

She was probably making sure she wasn't leaving a trail of awesome behind her, or something. Also, please take note of the old lady's head taking up one-fifth of the photograph. Oh hey chica. How you doin'. 

Mermaids, unite! 

I actually love this one so much. The sequin blue/black combo is killer, and the classic sheath silhouette balances the bling perfectly. Also, ankle warmers? Hm...

This one was great. It was the finale dress, I believe, and it was falling off that model. That's why her hand is flapping awkwardly; she had to pull it up because it had fallen down. She could totally enter the Man Repeller vs. The Rainbow Fish competition with that dress. 

That's Farah! In a smiley face t-shirt...okay. I can respect that...?

And we're done! That's all my shows for this season. 

I had fun with this. Did you guys like it, or is it too much? Did I put in too many photos? I get a bit overenthusiastic. Let me know your thoughts. Comment below, post on my blog's Facebook wall, Tweet me, email me, you name it, we'll have a nice conversation. I pwomise! 



1 comment:

  1. I freaking LOVE IT!!! everything is so pretty, and I heard you on the Hannah. her outfits had so much POW!! in them. even if she isn't the best person around. Lol.. <3 Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!