Monday, February 27, 2012

Can I Have Your Closet: Octavia Bürgel

You may recognize her name from this blog because she takes my outfit photos occasionally. If you go to the same school as me, chances are you know Octavia. If you don't, you should. She is seriously one kool kat...who likes cats, but is also confused by them. We ask them "why?" but they tend to not respond. Octavia is half black, half German, and takes equal pride in both sides of her heritage. You go Glen Coco girl! She is enthusiastically celebrating Black History Month while simultaneously speaking German fluently. The latter fact probably explains the whole European style she has going on. Europeans are notoriously well-dressed, and she is definitely no exception. Fun fact: she loves the color yellow. Spring 2012 is going to be such a breeze.  So, Octavia Bürgel, answer me this: can I have your closet? Please? I'm not kidding.


Here's our little interview. She got her black jeans, btdubz, and I think she got something from Madewell. This info is slightly obsolete now...oops. 


Odelia: How would you describe your style?
Octavia: Okay, so I...hmm—I like simple things, I think, I like simple things, but I don't know...like, I don't really like things with too many things on them. That was really, really vague but it's true.
Odelia: Who are your fashion icons and who do you admire aesthetically?
Octavia: Um, okay. There's a lot. Hailee Steinfeld, 'cause she's so cool. Chloë Moretz, 'cause she's also so cool, and Alexa Chung, 'cause she's so cool. And, ugh, who was the other one...uh...A-O RIVER! [Laughs] Just puttin' that in, Portlandia quote! What—who are my style icons...I feel like there's one who I'm forgetting and I'm going to feel really guilty about that.
Odelia: Is it possibly Elle Fanning?
Octavia: She's really cool.
Odelia: If you remember, just like, shout it and I'll--
Octavia: I'll just shout it and be like “BLGALH!”
Odelia: Where are your favorite places to shop?
Octavia: J.Crew, and...Anthropologie and Madewell. I don't actually have anything from Madewell, but I like to go in and look at their things, 'cause they're pretty.
Odelia: If you could own one fashion-related item right now that you don't have, what would it be?
Octavia: Fashion-related item...an umbrella? No, I'm just kidding. I think it would be like, black jeans, 'cause I don't have any black jeans and I keep like, wanting them.
Odelia: Would you say that fashion is a big focus in your life?
Octavia: Yeah! I wanted to be a fashion designer for a really long time, like, starting when I was like, seven. And I kind of do, but like, not really, so it's kind of like, iffy, in the middle there. So yeah! I'm feeling really bad 'cause I know there's a person who I admire as a fashion person and I can't figure out who it is.
Odelia: Okay, let's think of things to jog your memory. Are they like, our age?
Octavia: No, I feel like this person is older. 'Cause I mean I already mentioned Hailee Steinfeld and she's so cool. Can I use a male style icon?
Odelia: Yeah!
Octavia: My dad. [Laughs]
Odelia: Anything else?
Octavia: Put a bird on it! Uh, Alison Mosshart: also really cool, and Bethany Consentino. I think that's her name. She's really cool. Also gingham is my favorite thing.


J-chillin' in Lincoln Center during Fashion Week with her mega cool anchor hat, Frye boots, striped shirt, corduroyalicious (does that not work?) skirt and Fjallraven backpack. 

Laughin' it up. I think I shouted "A-O River!" or something.

...And she's still laughing. It's probably not funny anymore. Except for the whole why cats thing (see above), that will always be hilarious. 

She should be in a Garnier Fructis commercial with that voluminous hair. 

Frye boots! For the longest time I thought people were saying "fried boots" and all I could think about was the episode of Spongebob where Mr. Krabs swallows the boots. I can quote that entire scene the same way I used to be able to recite the entire Bon Qui Qui video. No joke. 

I obviously have the most well-dressed friends ever. There are several more to come, don't you worry. This is going to become a weekly installment: every Monday, look for a new "Can I Have Your Closet." I've got 'em lined up all the way through April.


Thank God it's Friday, am I right? Wait...what? Crap.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!