Thursday, February 2, 2012

B.F.E.: Before the Facebook Era

Facebook was created in 2004, but it didn't really become like, a big thing until a few years later. But we're going ignore that little fact and say that the Facebook Era began in 2004, for my purposes. What are my purposes, you ask? To be punny, of course. Nothing new there. I was originally going to name this post "B.C.E.: Before Chain E-mails" because I wanted it to be even punnier, but I couldn't find out when chain e-mails started going around. The reason all of this is relevant is because the outfit I wore a few days ago reminded me of something from the 90's (not like I spent much time there). I felt like I'd walked out of "Empire Records," if only a little. Anywhoozles, I tried to find a clever way to refer to the early 1990's, hence the title of this post. I will shut up so you can see what I'm talking about.

Photos taken by me.

Dress: Palumayo (it was my mom's) 
Jacket: Lush (it was my mom's friend's)
Coat: New York & Company (this is mine) 
Choker: an old birthday present

Now you finally know what I look like on the streets in my black peacoat that I've been wearing since (gasp!) last winter. It's actually the greatest coat, but I'm kind of wishing I'd been daring and bought it in red. Hey, I got it before I started my blog, when I was just a wee 8th grade nugget. 

 
Socks: my sock drawer
Boots: my cousin's old riding boots

This is what I call my Sergeant Pepper jacket. I said that one of my resolutions for this year is to wear more jackets, and so far I've been successful. Ten points for Hufflepuff!

Gah! My leg is gone! Just kidding, I just put it on the wall in an attempt to be a model. I still have two lower limbs. 

How cute is this little choker? My friend Danielle got it for me several years ago, and I was always hesitant to wear it, but I kind of just knew instantly that I had to wear it with my outfit. It's like me and this necklace have a telepathic connection, or something. 


You know me: I can never wear just black. There has to be some cheetah print color in there somewhere. Cue the choker and leopard print socks that I refused to wear as a young girl but have worn at least three times since the start of this school year. 

I've officially begun freaking out about Fashion Week. It's in exactly one week, and they've begun setting up the tents--I pass them on my way to school everyday. I can feel the tension rising. On Wednesday, I'm going to the IFB Conference and a fashion show that evening, and then I have five shows to attend that are a part of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. I shouldn't say have to; let me revise that sentence. There are five shows that I am dying to attend that are a part of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. Throw school into the mix and you've got yourself a hot mess (a.k.a. me, all next week)!

Number of times I said "week" in that itty-bitty paragraph: five. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!