Thursday, February 9, 2012

Can I Have Your Closet: Christopher Gambino

This is the first post in a series that are a part of a new installment on this here blog called "Can I Have Your Closet." I've been photographing and interviewing people that I know whose style I admire. It's a nice little mish-mosh of differing aesthetics, from heroin chic to J. Crew preppy. I've had oodles and noodles of fun working on this project. But I'm not done yet! No no no. I have several more people to take pictures of and talk to about their clothing. This is just the beginning.

Our first subject: Christopher Gambino. This kid is fierce. He has snakeskin print Doc Martens and creepers; he wears mostly black but makes it work; his hair is longer than mine; he has an unnaturally strong love for Allison Harvard; he watches Project Runway and loves/is freaked out by Austin Scarlett nearly as much as me...I could go on. Ever since I met him he's been super interested in my blog and therefore my go-to guy for fashion advice. He also is into musical theatre (this is essential). I'm really feeling these photograph mathematical equations right now, so here's one that I think fits Chris:


 Any other information you may need to know about Chris can be found in our little interview below.


Odelia: How would you describe your style?
Chris: Kind of like...a heroin chic internet princess.
Odelia: Who are your fashion icons and who do you admire aesthetically?
Chris: Okay. Definitely the Olsen twins, pretty much anyone from the late 90's, Molly Soda from Tumblr...I can't think of anyone else...Yeah. Oh--my mom is biggest fashion icon. 
Odelia: Where are your favorite places to shop?
Chris: Okay, um, Goodwill, Buffalo Exchange, Urban Outfitters, American Apparel, um, and my dad's closet, to be honest.
Odelia: If you could own one item right now that you don't have, what would it be? Like, a fashion-related item.
Chris: Um...Huh. Probably like, a really intense studded leather jacket.
Odelia: Alright. Interesting stuff. Would you say that fashion is a big focus in your life?
Chris: I mean...I don't wanna look bad, so, yeah.  



Now how cute is he?



Snakeskin Doc Martens. Enough said.

I hope you have enjoyed seeing and hearing about Chris's fabulous style from the boy himself. There is more to come.

3 comments:

  1. wait...he is fabulous. can he be my friend too!?

    xx, beryl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps. this is an awesome idea for a series

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't he the best??
      And thanks! There are so many well-dressed people that I've met this year that it was sort of just like, "I need them on my blog."

      Delete

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!