Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Little Layering

If I've learned anything from our good friend the Man Repeller, it's that layering is essential. I like to think that I drive a lot of traffic to Leandra's site. Let's skip backwards in time a few days to Monday, February 13th, 2012. How was that already ten days ago?? I'm actually so confused as to how that happened.

I originally bought this Naf Naf jumpsuit in France intending to wear it as... a jumpsuit. It turns out that I like it better as pants. The last three times I've worn it, people say, "I love your pants!" and I'm secretly shouting, "IT'S A FREAKING JUMPSUIT CAN'T YOU TELL?!" but obviously they can't because I've put a top over the bodice. The irrationality of my anger doesn't make it any less existent.

I'd say possibly half of my wardrobe was originally my mom's (the other day I was wearing a jumpsuit, belt and cardigan that were all hers. My shoes were my cousin's and my socks could've been mine, but they also could've been someone else's first. I felt like a fraud.), and the silk button down I'm wearing below is no exception. She has supplied me with several silk shirts. They make me feel very classy.

Speaking of my mom, she was going to throw out these sunglasses, and when I saw them I was all over that. I'm a bit obsessed with cat-eye sunglasses but I can never find ones that don't make me look like an evil librarian.

Photos taken by Octavia Bürgel in Lincoln Center while we people-stalked. 


Painful smiles are the best. Look, it was cold outside, okay?

Jumpsuit (worn as pants): Naf Naf Paris/Silk blouse: Torriani/Military jacket: Hamlet's Vintage/Coat: New York & Company/Boots: my grandma/Sunglasses: my mom/Headband: Missoni For Target

Funny story about these sunglasses: I can't see out of them. Oops.

Wonky hair 2012! Check out that unruly lock just chilling in the background of this shot, thinking it could go unnoticed. I'm not letting it. I am putting a dunce cap on it and sticking it on a stool in the middle of the room. 

This was so awkwardly disproportioned that I just had to share it with you. My mind is blown as to how this is visually possible. Help a brother out and let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!