Monday, February 20, 2012

A Furry Fashion Week

Every day during New York Fashion Week, I went to Lincoln Center after school and took pictures of people entering and leaving the tents for a little under an hour. Some days it was hoppin', while others there was almost no one there. The one thing that was constant though was fur. Nearly everyone was wearing fur in same way, shape or form. There were some straight up fur coats and some accents of the animal fluff here and there. It was worn by people from my school as well as celebrities. If there's any way to know about trends, it's by looking at the people on the street. Although fashion week is an exception, because people go out of their way to dress for the cameras, which has become accepted. Whatever floats your boat, I suppose.

It's been a very long day, so I don't have the mental capacity to write much more than that. Without further ado, here are some street style photos I took of some (possibly not so-) PETA-friendly jacket wearers.

A girl from my school just meandering through Lincoln Center after school.

An avid showgoer, and clearly a huge fan of the quirky. And fur. And leather. And platform clogs. 

Fur collars, leather thigh-high boots and orange leather high-waisted pants: can I be these women?

 Women wearing different types of fur is like bringing together dead members of the animal kingdom. 

Furry midnight?

The fiercest man I have seen in a while.

Christina of Trop Rouge with some crazy nice hair, both on her head and on her jacket.

She was most likely a model. Who else would wear a strapless red dress in the middle of February only to take off her warm, shearling-lined maxi coat for some photographs? An insane asylum resident, perhaps.

Have taller creepers, see what I do.

Shenae Grimes, a.k.a. Darcy Edwards from Degrassi. Yes, I watched Degrassi avidly for about two years of my life, and I do not regret it. She's gorgeous in person, just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!