Friday, February 10, 2012

Spot It, Snap It: Fashion Week Street Style

It has officially begun. Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, that is. I've been at Lincoln Center every day after school (I mean, it's been two days, so that's not saying much. I will say that I froze my butt off there today street style photographing, but it was worth it. The whole time I was muttering, "Don't mind me, just having frigid air-induced convulsions over here, whatever."). Yesterday it wasn't so hoppin', but today, I spotted five of my favorite bloggers: Chantal, Nadia, Natalie, Aimee and Andy. Aimee complimented my bag and I literally almost died. They were all so sweet. I had legitimate mini-conversations with Natalie and Aimee--again, small heart attacks ensued. Anyway, here are some photographs I took at Lincoln Center in the past two days (more to come on IFB and the Katya Leonovich Fall 2012 presentation, don't you worry). 

Rocking crochet on denim on leather on leather on leather. Nice. 

More leather pants. What is this?? 

Aw shucks, how cute! Just snuggling...you know.

Once again: leather pants. Does three make a trend? According to Harper's Bazaar, yes. LEATHER PANTS ARE NOW OFFICIALLY A TREND. So is fur--I've seen more fur coats in the past few days than ever before in my life, I think. 

The woman on the left's coat reminded me slightly of an Alexander McQueen coat, so I had to get a picture. 

Black and white. Male and female. Fringe and fur. Brunette and blonde. So many opposites. 

This was a really nice girl I met both days in Lincoln Center. She's a fashion student working on a photography project to make an inspiration board type thing and is simultaneously extremely well-dressed. 

Aimee Song of Song of Style. I don't think she's quite made the transition from California weather to the New York climate. Hopefully she'll get there before her legs turn into icicle nubs. 

Chantal of cocorosa. More fur. It was so incredible to finally meet her after reading her blog all the time, especially because she's not from this country.

Nadia of FrouFrouu. Not only is she British, she's a phenomenal photographer.

These two were just too cool for me. I can't even handle it. 

Andy of Style Scrapbook. She was on one of the panels at IFB the other day, so it was awesome to actually meet her in person (she sort of disappeared before I could talk to her the other day).

These two were so unsuspecting that it was adorable. I asked if I could take their photo and they were like, "Uhh, yeah! [Nervous laughter]" It was just too kyoot!

Carter of The Fashion Kidd. I met him tonight at the Katya Leonovich show. I was instantly attracted to his beautiful hand-pinned (yes, those are gold safety pins) collar, and it turns out that he's a fashion student at FIT, originally from Arkansas. Needless to say he was a sweetheart. Most people from the South are.

That concludes my street style photography for now. I'm going to the Tibi show tomorrow, so I'm a little freaked out about what to wear. Expect ostrich feathers, glitter platforms and velvet. That's all I'm gonna say. Good night.


2 comments:

  1. great to see these photos taken at the Rebecca Minkoff show!! a few people really caught my attention tho : aimee, andy and the first girl who wore that great shade of burgundy leather pants. amazing inspirations <3

    Style Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look amazing..beautiful & inspiring photos!

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!