Thursday, February 16, 2012

Make Like The Nuns From "The Sister Act"

...And follow my blog (that was a reference to the song they sing called "I Will Follow Him." I've never actually seen the movie, but they sang this in the freshman girls chorus at my school and I now know all the lyrics. I thought it was an appropriate comparison to draw for the situation.)! Or rather, become a follower.

I interrupt our usual Fashion Week programming for an important interlude.

I have been asked countless times by people what it means to "follow" my blog, something that I usually request that avid readers do. I shall now quell your queries about this very subject. By becoming a follower, it essentially lets me know that you read You're A Tulle. It's really that simple. But this small act of kindness (following my blog, that is) can lead to hours of happiness for me, which is why I strongly encourage anyone who reads my blog often to follow (pun!) the easy peasy lemon squeezy steps below. Or you can just click here for the pre-made Blogspot instructions, but they're a little bit dated so I'm not sure how simple they'll be for someone like you who is not familiar with Blogspot.

I had another tutorial that I did a few months ago, but for some reason whenever people use that one they never show up on my list of followers. That's why I'm creating another one--I'm prayin' that this time it works. Let's do this.


Please note that these screenshots were taken a while ago. My following has gone up since them, thanks to my lovely followers. Also, be sure to read the writing in red. It gives very detailed instructions, whereas the writing in black above the photos is just the general gist of what you should be doing. I know that the red is a bit small/difficult to read, so I made the photos as large as they could be. That's why there's some awkward overlapping going on, hence why I am writing an unnecessarily long preface to this tutorial.

STEP 1:
Sign in to your Gmail or Blogger account (if you've got one. If not, skip to the next step.). After you've signed in, skip to Step 6. I'm not kidding, you get to bypass all of this. Alright, fine, you got me. You have to click approximately two buttons after this but that's it, and that's a promise. I think.


STEP 2: 
Locate the "Join this site" button and click on it.


STEP 3: 
Select your preferred social media account.


STEP 4: 
Click "Follow this blog."


STEP 5: 
Rejoice, for you are done! Well, you have to click "Done" first, but then you're officially a follower. After that mini window has closed, make sure the number of followers changes. If it doesn't something is wrong. (Don't worry, I deleted myself as a follower after I finished taking the screenshots for this tutorial. I'm not that desperate.)


STEP 6:
Well hello there! I hope you enjoyed the ride from Step 1. Just click where I've labeled below to click and press one or two buttons, and voilà! You're my newest follower. It's as easy as pie (an idiom which I have never understood, because what about pie is easy? Eating it? Baking it? It was never specified. Now I feel like Flula.)



If you've successfully completed these steps, then thank you very much! You don't know how much I appreciate it. To give you an idea, it's a lot. Like, on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being unfazed and 10 being I'm-so-happy-that-I-literally-just-shoot-myself, it's probably an 8.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!