Friday, March 2, 2012

Oxymoron

I love nothing more than a good play on words. I always get really excited (probably too excited) when Shakespeare uses double entendres in his plays. It makes me feel as though we're connected. "I like puns, you like clever innuendoes; we're practically twins." That's an excerpt from the conversation I would have with ol' Will Shakespeare were I to meet him. 

None of this is new information: I've mentioned my affinity for puns more than once (I think people should just call me Punster McPunstein, but that name is already taken.) Have you ever considered the logic behind knit shorts? Here's the thing: there isn't any. Okay, that's not entirely true because they're complete genius, but they also make no sense at all. Shorts=hot weather attire. Knitted garments=cold weather attire. They're an oxymoron! So when do you wear knitted shorts?? Answer: whenever da hell you want. 

I've been wanting knit shorts since Missoni For Target had some that were immediately sold out. These were a wonderful surprise when I found them on the unredeemed rewards page of Chictopia. Since I get Chicpoints every time I post an article, I'd gathered enough to redeem these shorts for free. Yup, I did not pay one cent for these babies. Ah, freedom. <--That's the first pun of the night. 

Photos by me.

Knitted shorts: Doris Apparel via Chictopia 
Tights: Nobody knows where these came from...
Collared shirt: Liz Claiborne via Squan Dry Goods (a.k.a. thrifted)
Sweater: my mom's (and now it's mine. You're never getting this back.)
Boots: my cousin's old riding boots

I got a haircut but you can't tell. It's all coming off sooner or later, so whatever. 

My knit bloomers have got pockets. Perfection.

There wasn't anything interesting on the floor, in case you were wondering. 

That red is blinding me. This was after I edited it to tone it down, but I kept it mostly the way it was because I wanted you to see what using flash when taking photos does. I've learned from several people that flash is bad, which is why sometimes my photos turn out a bit grainy or yellow-tinted. Just tryin' to keep it real. 

Now it's really Friday. Friday=Portlandia night. Thank goodness for that, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!