Thursday, March 15, 2012

The World Is A Well-Dressed Place

...During fashion month, that is. You all know of my slight obsession with street style photography, so it should come as no surprise that I avidly stalk Mr. Newton's photos for Harper's Bazaar as soon as they go online. I kind of just want to be every single one of these people. Is that bad? (Ah-do-doo-do-do...)
Hanne Gaby Odiele is basically a perfect human being. As is Hanneli Mustaparta. And any Parisian woman. If I could be a cross between those three, I'd just be a flawless creature named Hanneli Gabiele Mustaparisian.

I apologize for the lack of writing in the past few days, but I've literally been just a fried piece of broccoli all week from all the running around I've done--haircut (think Peppy Miller) and junior prom dress shopping for my sister on Monday, a meeting with Emily Weiss with a guest appearance by Leandra on Tuesday, going-away dinner for my mom on Wednesday and an Elizabeth + James trunk show in the Bowery tonight. So now you understand why I nearly fell asleep at three in the afternoon today during French class. Before I begin to slur my words (can you do that on a keyboard? Doesn't matter, it will happen inevitably), let's just take a peek at these gorgeous women from around the world.

Photos via harpersbazaar.com, hanneli.com, froufrouu.com and STREETFSN.

She somehow got away with breaking the leggings-are-not-pants rule. The proportions like incredible on her, and the neutral color palette and simple shapes put a modern twist on the classic Sixties silhouette. 

Mustard anything is okay with me. Except for actual mustard. Ew.

Taylor Tomasi-Hill stars in a re-make of "Beetlejuice", due out next fall.

Hanne Gaby Odiele, take one. Running shorts, a crop top and a hot pink cape coat have never looked so good. Or looked good at all. One question: how is she not a frozen ice pop? It was like negative a billion degrees.

Hanneli Mustaparta--we're tight. Things that I need in my closet directly off of her body: cat shirt (is this from Opening Ceremony? I have a hunch that it is), white wide leg pants, mega-cool gloves, plum jacket.

Not only do I lovehdy-dovehdy (that's a verb) her hair, but her sweater is mad kyoot. The hat and the glasses complete the Alexander Wang-esque vibe with a sort of retro-ness thrown in just for kix. 

I don't know why I love this so much, but I do. Her pants are perfect and her hair is luscious. The whole thing is just magically delicious. She's one of those people that just has a naturally beautiful face. And some mighty fine eyebrows.

Navajo princess meets Persian rug weaver meets hitch hiker.

This is the Parisian I was referring to. Her hair that looks like dreads, her sweater that looks like perfection, her skirt that looks like an abstract garden, her face that looks like an angel, her hat that looks like it belongs on a cowboy...I want to be her. 

 
Hanne Gaby part two. The only one who can wear a Jil Sander veiled cap with gelato: you're lookin' at her.

Maxi coat. 'Nuff said.

Natalia Vodianova rocking a Tibi-ish style before it was cool. Turtlenecks are sexy, I don't care what you say. I will wear them for the rest of my life.


Mirte Maas, bein' a babe. 

Hanne Gaby part three. Matching your lipstick to your clothes is not a dead art.

Be inspired. Soak it in. Become Hanneli Gabiele Mustaparisian. Whatever floats your boat.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!