Saturday, March 10, 2012

Ankle Candy

Like arm candy, but for ankles.

As I mentioned the other day, I've decided to wear bracelets on my feet more often. Despite the fact that the temperature dropped back to its norm (as opposed to the near 70 degrees we had on Thursday), I wore flats and nice, chunky jewelry on my left ankle yesterday. The only downside to doing so: if you decide to jump-walk up stairs, it feels like the bracelet will fall off, but chances are you won't be doing that. I'm just an impatient stair-climber at times.

Cute story about these flats: I never wear flats (I wear flat shoes but not actual flats flats), but I bought these in May of 6th grade as a part of my costume in a school musical. I had to be a showgirl and we needed black shoes we could dance in, but we couldn't find any comfortable straight up black shoes. I figured black and white stripes weren't that different, so I got them. Turns out they are. I was the odd one out, what's new.

Every so often, when I'm feeling the vibe (I've been inspired lately by this girl I see on the subway every morning on my way to school; I may have to ask her if I can take her picture one day.), I'll whip these babies out and build a look around them. Since I was in the mood for an ankle bracelet, the combo made me think, "I need to wear cuffed jeans." My friend Sadie (you saw her feet in last night's post) has been wearing reminiscent-of-childhood t-shirts these past few days, so I threw on my Minnie Mouse shirt, and I never wear graphic tees. And in honor of the fact that it was Friday I threw on my flannel shirt, now known as my Friday Shirt. Fridays are that day where you're like, "Wow, can I please just go home, this is a useless day," and you just want to be comfy while moping. Flannels=comfort, and by the transitive property, flannels=Friday. Done.

Photos by me. 


Flats: American Eagle
Regular bracelet turned ankle bracelet: Squan Dry Goods given as a present from Edith
Jeans: Candie's

I kind of love this bracelet a lot. 

Deformed toe on the right, frayed hem on the left. Classy photo here.

Take special notice of my wood floor. Just do it.

It's Saturday, which means the weekend has begun, which means it's almost Monday and the cycle begins again. I really do have a somewhat pessimistic outlook on weekends.


2 comments:

  1. Lovely!!

    Dear, I am hosting FoxHouse giveaway currently, where you can win $50 worth of Apparels and Shoes...Would mean a lot to me...Just click the link below to enter :)

    Enter FoxHouse giveaway and win $50
    ♡ StylishByNature.com

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!