Monday, March 5, 2012

Can I Have Your Closet: Benjamin Korman

On this week's episode of "Can I Have Your Closet," we'll be featuring my good friend Benjamin Korman (better known as Ben or B. Korms; I don't know if the latter option is actually a thing amongst other people but I call him that all the time). Where to begin with this kid. He's ridiculously musically talented (he sings and plays multiple instruments) and also dances and acts. Triple threat, this kid is. He also shares my love for Darren Criss, Harry Potter and Chuck (although, not gonna lie, my love for Darren runs deeper than his. River deep and mountain high*, if you will.) Speaking of Darren, and you'll see this in just a minute in the interview, Ben has been described (by myself) as a "less gay version of Darren Criss on 'Glee.'" I'd say that's pretty accurate. He's a spiffy fellow that wears plenty of bow ties and occasionally straight up ties to school (or even a full-blown suit. It happened the other day. Story time! I saw him in the hallway and was like, "Why you all dressed up, bud?" and he just shrugged and said, "No reason," and kept walking down the stairs carrying a trumpet.). 

D. Criss on "Glee"

Read our successful little interview below: 

Odelia: How would you describe your style?
Ben: I guess kind of like more...put together, but classier, I guess.
Odelia: How do you feel about the description of a less gay Darren Criss on “Glee?”
Ben: That's about right but I would never utter those words from my mouth.
Odelia: Who are your fashion icons and who do you admire aesthetically?
Ben: Alexander McQueen, Alexander McQueen, and Alexander McQueen.
Odelia: How about people whose style you try to emulate?
Ben: Even though I said I'd never say it I guess kinda Darren Criss.
Odelia: No, he's beautiful, don't judge. Where are your favorite places to shop?
Odelia: Mmm. If you could own one item right now that you don't have, what would it be?
Ben: A black peacoat.
Odelia: Would you say that fashion is a big focus in your life?
Ben: Well, I try to look okay and my sister wouldn't let me out of the house if I don't, so, I guess so.


Such a model.

Oh hey, you can spot Chris Gambino in the background!

Blazer, bow tie and new sneakers from Buffalo Exchange, bought that day. This one's a sharp dresser.

Detail shot! Is that a chambray bow tie I spot? Not sure. 

Sorry about the shortage of photos for this kid, he kind of refused to stop talking except for about five seconds. I had to cut his head off. Several times. Do with those statements what you will.


*If you found this asterisk, it's because I put one next to the link to "River Deep, Mountain High" way up top. If you click the link and watch the video, it's a clip from the Rising Stars talent show at my school. This was one of my favorite acts. Those are freshmen. I take Global History class with (one of) these mega talented superstars. That's enough shameless advertising for one post.


2 comments:

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!