Thursday, March 8, 2012

Current Obsessions: Give Your Wrists A Rest

And relocate the party from your arms to your ankles. Yep, I said it, I am staging an ankle bracelet comeback.

I found this cool golden chain necklace the other day and I wore it as, well, a necklace. Then I discovered that it was going to be nearing 70 degrees in New York today, so I was like, "I'll wear a dress and my Converse and an ankle bracelet." Problem is, I don't own any ankle bracelets. Solution? I took that same gold chain necklace, wrapped it twice around the place where my leg meetes my foot and clasped it, et voilĂ .

I say, "ankle bracelet" you say, "hippie," n'est-ce pas? I thought so too, but all of a sudden I have felt that they are very classy. Maybe it's because my friend Sadie (who you'll see more about in a few weeks' time on this here blog) has worn t-shirts reminiscent of childhood summer days this past week. Somehow I feel like Leandra mentioned them at some point, but I think this trend might actually be one of my own creation. Let's take a look at how some people on the interwebz have worn them.

Photos via Tumblr, a.k.a. the un-cite-able hellhole. 


Classy but cute. An elephant never forgets. ...Never forgets the charm of an ankle bracelet! Pun right there. Think about that one.  

Just straight up classy. 

The whole vibe is perfect. 

 And here's how I did it.

Converse: designed by me, made by Converse 
Necklace-cum-ankle-bracelet: my great-aunt Barbara's

I decided to ease myself in to it slowly by starting off with a simple gold chain. Sadly, it was hidden by the tongue of my sneakers most of the day, but I intend to keep at this, wearing bigger and/or adding more bracelets to my party. 

Come join the shindig, why don't you? It's a blast. 


2 comments:

  1. where did you get that elephant ankle bracelet from??

    ReplyDelete
  2. why, keep it (as in one chain) delicate but you're fighting a tough one here girl, that is the context of a fashion blog...i've always found most of you love to wear one given the chance, but afraid of the stigma - trust me, all guys love the look of a dainty gold ankle bracelet, sexy like no other jewelry (bordering the perfect line of slutty, that is the look to go for) - not being crude here, just a sincere compliment to you girls who rocks one

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!