Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I Visit Far Away Places

...In my mind. My mom went to France last week and during the time that she was gone I was reliving all of the wonderful time I spent there this summer. It was quite a painful experience. Time traveling is a little rough on your body. (I'm kidding. No time traveler here! Or is there?!) What really happened is that I decided to wear the classic French combo of breton stripes and denim to channel my inner Parisian. It's there, I know it is. 

Even though I didn't actually traverse any time zones, unlike my mother dearest, I've been dead tired all week. The countdown to April break has begun! Not like I'm going anywhere or doing anything exciting. Unless you consider college visits for your older sibling exciting. Which I don't. I am going to try to read books--yes, real live books! Ignoring the fact that books are not living creatures (I mean, that's what society says, but I beg to differ. I don't know what your books are doing, but mine have loud house parties every night. That's probably why I've been tired lately--deprivin' me of my sleep!! Turn down da jamz please!), the preceding statement is true. I'm a little bookworm at heart but the combination of high school + blogging has stripped me of any reading time. I've noticed that I spend way more time on my laptop than I should, so I've decided to experience the world more through myself rather than vicariously through my computer. In essence, I would like to become a normal human. Good luck with that one! Ha. 

I've been a little obsessed with two things in this outfit in the past week: my denim vest and wearing the scarf I've had since I was a wee child as a headband. I think each one has made it into my outfits three times this week, sometimes together but most often separately. Below I have documented one of the instances in which the two best friends were joined together in harmony. 

Photos by me.

Striped shirt: Le phare de la Baleine
Vest: Chico's (thrifted, then DIY'd by me)
Flare jeans: Vigoss Brand Jeans
Boots: my cousin's riding boots 
Headband/scarf: It just lives in my sock drawer, not quite sure where it came from

Just threw this one in because my sister said something that implied that I always look serious. LIES AND SLANDER.

Peep the frayed/gravity-defying fabric on the left shoulder. You do yo' thang.

Flurr jeanz! My favorite.

I'm a touch worried that my hair has just naturally become darker. I don't remember having black hair...

I painted my nails while watching "The Virgin Suicides" this weekend. It was pretty exciting, because I never watch television or movies. The color felt very spring-y to me, and as soon as the weather became a bipolar ho and went from warm to cold in an instant, I decided that I needed to do something festive in honor of the season.

Well this one's just for fun. 

I haven't done an outfit post in a while, so I thought I'd toss this puppy into the mix. (Does that conjure a graphic image of a small dog being thrown onto a merry-go-round or a washing machine in anyone else's mind?) 

It's only Wednesday guys, we can do this. Only a few more days until I see my bff, the weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!