Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Une Autre Musée, et Beaucoup de Fleurs

A NOTE TO FIRST TIME READERS: This blog is not usually written in French, but I'm in France right now and I figured, "What better way to improve my language skills than to write my blog in French, something that I already write everyday anyway? It's genius." This is probably only going to be for the three weeks that I'll be in France.

A NOTE TO ALL READERS: There will, of course, be English translations beneath each paragraph, in blue writing like this.  I won't be able to blog as frequently because it'll take that much longer to write in French and English (my English will be a loose translation of my French). Have fun, guys!


Hier, Lola et moi ont exploré le jardin de la maison au matin. Lola a vu ces insectes et j'ai pris beaucoup de photos tout de suite. Elles sont très bizarre, mais très intéressante aussi. Elles sont partout. Vraiment. Nous avons demandé Nicolas (la maison est de son mère) qu'est-ce qu'elles sont, et il a dit que les insectes sont appeler "gendarme," ou quelque chose comme-ça, qui voulons dire "policemen" en anglais. J'ai aussi pris beaucoup de photos de fleurs, tout au long du jour.  

Yesterday, me and Lola explored the garden in the morning. Lola noticed these weird bugs first, and I immediately jumped on that and took about a billion pictures. They're super crazy, but they're also intriguing at the same time. They're everywhere. Seriously. We asked Nicolas (his mom own's the house, so he lives there too) what they are, and he said they're called "gendarme," or something like that, which means "policemen" in English. I also took a lot of pictures of flowers, throughout the entire day. 

Dans l'après-midi, nous sommes allés d'autre musée (la mère de Lola aime beaucoup les musées), appelle "Musée Lambinet." J'ai l'aimé, et j'ai pris à peu près quatre cents photos. Après-ça, nous avons fait une promenade au Grand Canal, à près des châteaux de Versailles. C'était très beau, et j'ai pris plus de photos, bien sûr. Il pleut, comme d'habitude, si nous avons marché à la maison. 

In the afternoon, we went to another museum (Lola's mom really likes museums), called "Musée Lambinet." I liked it, and I took approximately 400 photographs. After that, we took a walk to the Grand Canal, which is near the palace of Versailles. It was pretty cute stuff, and I took even more pictures, of coursety-course-course. It rained, like usual, so we walked back home. 

Nous avons mangé aussi une tarte au peche pour le dessert, et elle a ressemblé un feu. 

We also ate a peach tart for dessert, and it looked like fire. Yeah. 

Les gendarmes. 
The policemen bugs.

Une œuf dans le Musée Lambinet. 
An egg in the Musée Lambinet. 

Lola a détaché sur les arbres. 
Lola silhouetted against the trees. 

Les bateaux sur l'eau. 
The boats on the water. 

La tarte au peche/feu.
The peach/fire tart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!