Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Can It Please Be August 3rd

Not only because I'm going to France tomorrow, but because today has literally been the worst day ever. Or, at least the worst one I've had in a while.

I don't care to explain why it was such an awful day by giving all the details, because that would mean that I'd have to relive it, which I NEVER WANT TO DO EVER AGAIN.

Let's just say I got a piece of tissue stuck in my ear, nearly missed my yoga class because I had to go all the way to the upper west side to get it removed, which ended up being quite painful, and then when I went to the gym afterward, I fell off the treadmill. The last part literally happened 23 seconds before I was going to get off anyway, and I guess it was like, "Nope! That's it, you're done. Get off. Now." And I just started tripping a lot and I knew I wasn't going to get back up again so I just let go of the handlebars and let myself slide (painfully) off the fricking machine. I now have a stinging and scraped knee and ankle to prove it. Two guys asked me if I was okay, but I was thinking to myself, "Wow they have no idea how typiqual this is for today." Actually, when I took out my salad to eat while on the subway after my treadmill incident, my mom said to me seriously, "Be careful with that salad, based on how you're day is going. Don't drop it."

Oh, this was all after I'd gone to sleep at 12:30 am and gotten back up at 4 am, only to see that the 3rd Pottermore clue had not been put up yet. I then reset my alarm for 5 am, fell asleep and got back up at 5, and once again, the clue was not up. I reset my alarm for 6, and at 6 am, the clue finally went up. However, in between these times when I actually was awake, I dreamt about doing the Pottermore challenge, so I felt like I'd done it 5 times already, and wasn't sure if I actually had when 6 am came around.

I found the answer to the clue and went to the site and the Quill was in an ad on the sidebar, but instead of just having to click the Magical Quill and being done with it, you had to make it levitate. I couldn't do it, so I ran to the bookshelf and pulled out Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and flipped to the part where they learn the levitation spell. I read the section, and practiced the swish and flick, and muttered, "WinGARdium LeviOsa!" while doing it, then tried it on the Magical Quill, but to no avail. I then went to YouTube and got the movie clip where Hermione reprimands Ron about the emphasis on "leviosa" ("It's LeviOsa, not LevioSAR!"), and tried Hermione's technique again, but I still couldn't get the freaking Quill to levitate. I opened the Pottermorewatch tumblr and people said you just had to swivel your cursor quickly horizontally along the bottom of the ad and after about 50 tries, I finally got it. You are now reading the words of PhoenixQueen31. I am magical. I told you guys I was. 

So yeah. There were a few other details in between there, but I'm sure you get the gist here. August 2nd, 2011=ew please stop never again.

On a happy note, though, I got an 8 GB CF (memory) card for my camera today at Adorama for only $19.54, including tax. My camera is now ready for use. I took one picture, and it was of my sweaty gym shorts, and even that was a decent picture. I'm so excited.

I'm off to pack, and try and move as little as possible so I don't get hurt again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!