Monday, August 15, 2011

Ces Derniers Jours (Les Enfants Nagent à l'Extérieur d'Hôtel de Ville, Un Chien Qui Porte Un Chapeau Melon, Et Plus)

Translation of the title: "The Past Few Days (Kiddies Swimming Outside City Hall, A Dog With A Bowler Hat, And More)



A NOTE TO FIRST TIME READERS: This blog is not usually written in French, but I'm in France right now and I figured, "What better way to improve my language skills than to write my blog in French, something that I already write everyday anyway? It's genius." This is probably only going to be for the three weeks that I'll be in France.

A NOTE TO ALL READERS: There will, of course, be English translations beneath each paragraph, in blue writing like this.  I won't be able to blog as frequently because it'll take that much longer to write in French and English (my English will be a loose translation of my French). Have fun, guys!

Les légendes sont à la place de beaucoup de paragraphes, parce que il y a trop choses que se sont passées pendant ces derniers jours.

The captions are going to be in the place of thousands of paragraphs, the form in which my blog posts are usually written, because too much has happened in the past few days. I'd be writing a whole novel if I took my usual approach. 

 La (très chouette) luminaire dans ma chambre à la maison. C'est très "Ikea."
The super snazztastic light fixture in my room at our house. It's very "Ikea."


 Le plafond des Galeries Lafayette dans Paris, celui qui est célèbre. Vous pouvez voir pourquoi.
The ceiling of Galeries Lafayette in Paris, the ceiling that's really famous. You can see why. 

 Les enfants nagent à l'extérieur d'Hôtel de Ville. Pas de problem. (C'est une part de la Paris Plages.)
Lil kiddies swimming outside of Paris' City Hall. Nbd. (Alright, I'll quell your queries about this one: it's part of the Paris Plages.)


 Un homme danse à La Plage. Lui et son ami ont dansé très bien. 
A guy dancing at La Plage (a small beach they set up along the Seine River). Him and his friend dansed very well. No duh. 

 Moi et ma sœur à La Plage.
Sur moi:
Robe et pull: Urban Outfitters
Collier: Italie
Chaussures: Christian Siriano pour Payless
Ma sœur porte un Dory pansement adhésif.
Me and my sister at La Plage. 
On me: 
Dress and cropped sweater: Urban Outfitters
Necklace: Italy
Shoes: Christian Siriano pour Payless 
My sister sports a Dory band-aid. 

 La bouche au Centre Pompidou.
The lips fountain at the Centre Pompidou. 


 Un chien porte un chapeau melon, une cravate et des lunettes de soleil puis une parapluie guépard-imprimé puis une bouteille vide égalent une folle nuit.
A dog wearing a bowler hat, a tie and sunglasses plus a cheetah-printed umbrella plus an empty bottle equals one crazy night. 


 Les taillures de crayon de mes crayons de dessin ont caractères Chinois les sur. Mon taille-crayon a fait en Chine aussi.
The pencil shavings of my drawing pencils have Chinese characters on them. Funny how my pencil sharpener was also made in China. 


 Une maquette du Musée de L'Orangerie.
A scale model of the Musée de L'Orangerie. 


 Au Printemps, un grand magasin dans Paris.
Au Printemps, a department store in Paris. 


La vue du Grand Canal.
The view of the Grand Canal. 

Et voilà! À la prochaine!
And there you have it. Until next time, mi amigos! (This is why I stick to French.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!