Sunday, August 28, 2011

IFB Conference 2011: Come At Me, NYFW!


That was a lot of acronyms. Let's break that down, shall we:
IFB=Independent Fashion Bloggers
NYFW: New York Fashion Week
And if you put it all together...
Independent Fashion Bloggers Conference 2011: Come At Me, New York Fashion Week!

These probably seem like two completely unrelated thoughts connected by a colon, and that the only relation is that both sides of the colon have the word "fashion" in them.

But here's the deal.
For weeks, I have been bugging my mom, and the rest of my family, for that matter, to get me a ticket to Independent Fashion Blogger's IFB Conference 2011 (scroll down to read about what's going down on September 7th at Milk Studios), and finally a few days ago (really yesterday but I have once again scheduled this post), my mom got it for me. You might be thinking, "Jeeeeezus, how did she afford a $500 ticket to some blogger's conference if she thinks that $16 is expensive?" Well, silly billies, I'm a member, that's how I afforded it. Member tickets are just $60. Still more than I would spend on a pair of pants, but if you read everything that will be happening that day, you'll understand why that $60 is SOOOOO worth it.

Here's where the NYFW part comes in. My school is right behind Lincoln Center, which is where Mercedes Benz Fashion Week takes place. So guess where I'm gonna be everyday after school with my camera? That's right, Lincoln Center. I may even try to get into a show or two (this article tells me it's not even that difficult). But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Actually, let's. Skip to September 8th, first day of school, the official start of Fashion Week, and later that night, FNO (Fashion's Night Out).

For Fashion's Night Out this year, I'll be at Rebecca Minkoff at Saks Fifth Avenue with Lola, so we can get our hair braided by the Man Repeller, who will also be at the IFB Conference the day before.

And as it turns out, a wonderful blogger who I've mentioned several times on this blog, Annika (from According to Annika) just told me, you have to be 18 or older to win the Cosmo Blog Awards, so you can just forget that.

Alrighty, that about wraps it up.
P.S. Thinkin' right about now that Hurricane Irene is gonna be a lame one. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!