Saturday, August 6, 2011

Paris, J'Taime

A NOTE TO FIRST TIME READERS: This blog is not usually written in French, but I'm in France right now and I figured, "What better way to improve my language skills than to write my blog in English, something that I already write everyday anyway? It's genius." This is probably only going to be for the three weeks that I'll be in France.


A NOTE TO ALL READERS: There will, of course, be English translations beneath each paragraph, in blue writing like this.  I won't be able to blog as frequently because it'll take that much longer to write in French and English (my English will be a loose translation of my French). Have fun, guys!


Il pleut. Beaucoup. Tous les jours. En fait, notre avion était retardé parce qu'il pleut à New York aussi. Il a plu à London, et nous avons failli perdu notre avion à Paris à cause de l'autre vol. Mais nous n'avons pas fait. Sur le vol à London, j'ai regardé "A Very Potter Sequel." C'est très drôle. J'aime Joey Richter. Quel G!

It's raining. A lot. Every day. Actually, our plane was delayed because it was also raining in New York. It rained in London, and we almost missed our plane to Paris because of the other flight. But we didn't. On the flight to London, I watched "A Very Potter Sequel." It's hilarious. I love Joey Richter. What a G! 


Allons-y vais à venir. Nous avons dormis, alors nous avons marché avant nous avons venu à dîner chez ma tante. C'était très délicieux. Très français. Et Marocain. Mais vous connaissez qu'est-ce que je signifie. Alors, nous avons dormis encore, mais n'était pas avant j'ai eu deux verre de champagne rose. J'ai demandé pour "un peu, sil vous plaît," et ma tante a donné-moi un verre plein. Le jour prochain, nous avons se revéillé  à dix heures et demi du matin, nous avons mangé le petit déjeuner dans notre appartement sur Avenue Victor Hugo dans le sixième arrondissement (c'est magnifique, j'ai beaucoup de photos (58 d'une chambre seulement)). Alors nous avons courus aux Champs-Elysées. C'est quand ça histoire du courir aux Champs-Elysées s'arrive.

Let's skip ahead. We slept, then we walked around our neighborhood before we went to diner at my aunt's house. It was absolutely delicious. Very French. And Moroccan. But you know what I mean. Then, we slept again, but not before I had two glasses of pink champagne. I asked for "only a little bit, please" and my aunt gave my a whole glassful. The next day, we got up at 10:30 am, ate breakfast in our apartment on Victor Hugo Avenue in the 16th district (it's gorgeous, I have tons of photos (58 of one room only)). Then we went running on the Champs-Elysées. This is where the story I mentioned before about running on the Champs-Elysées comes in. 

Je cours plus rapide que ma maman, si elle a dit que j'ai peux couru en avant et arrêt au "Rond Point." Elle a dit c'est "un rond truque de fleurs." J'ai pensé il est allé être évident, mais après j'ai couru pour un long temps, j'ai pensé j'ai allé plus loin, si j'ai me retourné. J'ai pensé aussi que je suis allé voir ma famille, mais j'ai s'affolé quand je n'ai pas les vu. J'ai terrifié. J'ai perdu sur les Champs-Elysées, sans un portable. J'ai demandé une femme et sa fille si j'ai pu utiliser sa portable pour téléphoner ma mère, et elle a dit "Non." Je ne pense pas qu'elle parle français, parce qu'elle a demandé si je parle anglais. Elle a téléphoné ma maman (elle n'ai pas fait décroché, bien sûr), si j'ai attendu devant de Hugo Boss pour vingt minutes, au moins. Finalement, ma famille a trouvé moi. Ça type de chose passerait à moi.

I run faster than my mom, so she said that I could run ahead and stop at the "Rond Point." She said it's a round thing of flowers. I thought it would be obvious, but after running for a while, I thought I'd gone too far, so I turned around. I thought I would see my famille on my way back, but I panicked when I didn't see them. I was terrified. I was lost on the Champs-Elysées, with no phone. I asked a woman and her daughter if I could use her cellphone to call my mom, and she said no. I don't think she spoke French, because she asked if I speak English. She called my mom (she din't pick up, of course), and I waited outside of Hugo Boss for 20 minutes, at least. Finally, my family found me. This type of thing would happen to me. 


Je ne peux pas dire plus de histoires longues parce que ça a pris toujours. Je vais aller juste survoler le reste de le jour et le jour prochaine.

I can't tell any more long stories because that one took forever. I'm going to just skim over the rest of the day and the next day. 


Après ses courses, nous avons rencontré avec Lola et sa mère. Nous (moi, Lola et sa mère) sommes allés au Jardin Luxembourg. Nous avons bu chocolat chaud et thé, et nous avons regardé les enfants sur le menàge. Lola et moi avons joué sur le terrain de jeu un peu. Ma mère et ma sœur sommes allés au Versailles, et elles ont dit c'est très beau. Je suis très excitée voir la maison. Ensuite, les cinq ont dîné au restaurant dans Saint-Germain, et j'ai mangé le veau avec le risotto. C'était délicieux.

After our run, we met up with Lola and her mom. We (me, Lola and her mom) went to the Luxembourg Gardens. We drank hot chocolate and tea, and we watched the little kids on the merry-go-round. Me and Lola played in the playground a bit. My mom and my sister went to Versailles, and they said it's absolutely beautiful. I'm super excited to see the house. Later, the five of us had dinner at a restaurant in Saint-Germain, and I ate veal with risotto. It was delish. 

Aujourd'hui, nous avons courus antérieur, et je n'ai pas fait être perdu ce fois. Alors, nous avons rencontré l'amie de ma sœur, Julie, et son oncle à l'Arc de Triomphe. Nous avons marché en bas les Champs-Elysées, et à la Place de la Concorde, alors le Tuileries et le Louvre. Nous sommes allés sur la route même de ses courses de ce matin. Julie, Rachel et moi sommes allés à la grande roue a près de le Louvre, alors au musée de Gustave Moreau avec Lola et sa mère. Après, nous avons allés au Montmartre et Sacre-Cœur. Il a plu, bien sûr. Typique. Finalement, nous avons dîné chez ma tante encore, et c'était délicieux, encore. Aussi, ma tante aime donner-moi des vêtements. Je suis propriétaire fière d'une chemise Louis Vuitton, et plus autres.

Today, we ran earlier, and I didn't get lost this time. Then, we met up with Rachel's friend Julie and her uncle at the Arc de Triomphe. We walked down the Champs-Elysées, and the Place de la Concorde, then the Tuileries and the Louvre. We went on the same route we took when we went running this morning. Me, Julie and Rachel went on the ferris wheel that was near the Louvre, then to the Gustave Moreau museum with Lola and her mom. After, we went to Montmartre and Sacre-Cœur. It rained, of course. Typiqual. Finally, we ate dinner at my aunt's house again, and it was delicious, again. Also, my aunt loves to give me awesome clothes, just btdubs. I am now the proud owner of a Louis Vuitton shirt, and a bunch of other gorgeous items. 

Je vais aller télécharger les photos demain, parce que c'est après minuit, et je ne sais pas comment-est utiliser l'application pour mon ordinateur pour mon appareil-photo.

I'll upload photos tomorrow, because it's after midnight, and I din't know how to use the application on my computer for my camera. 

J'ai fini pour aujourd'hui. Bon nuit, mes amies!

I'm done for today. Good night, my friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!