Sunday, June 19, 2011

My Life is Complete

There is so much to tell you all.
Yesterday was my birthday party. And if you live in New York, or anywhere in the tri-state area (I know this phrase from the animated show "Phineas and Ferb," a phrase used at least once per episode by the evil Dr. Doofenshmirtz (*sung as a jingle* Evil Incorporated!)), it was raining. And we were planning to go to Central Park, and have a cute little picnic and go on the carousel.
Of freaking course it was raining. It just had to, didn't it?

We spent a while figuring out what to do, and we ended up camping out in the Time Warner Center, at Columbus Circle. Then the rain let up for a while and we had a small picnic of chips/beverages/cupcakes at a fountain. We then went searching for the carousel. Which wasn't open. COURSETY COURSE COURSE. So we got ice cream/hot dogs. Food fixes all problems. Wow that is the falsest statement I have made all day.

After this we played in a playground until it started raining again. Typiqual.

...But I got some great presents!!!!
I got:

  • a purple eyeliner and 2 necklaces from Forever 21 (I wore one of them today)
  • 3 hilarious books: Crazy Sh*t Old People Say, We're Just Like You, Only Prettier, and Damn You, Autocorrect! I read all of Damn You, Autocorrect! Last night. It is freekadeekin' hilarioso. 
  • a $25 Visa giftcard 
  • a supercrazyawesome yellow wristwatch. But here's the catch: it's like those supercrazyawesome snap bracelets, but a watch. And it's yellow. A man repeller? I think so. Like I need another way to repel the opposite sex. 
  • A small beaded purse to match my beaded collar, which I wore to my party (from Lola, who else?). The weird thing is she bought it before I bought my collar. Crazy shiznits going down at Pippin. I must remember to tell you something important about this, but I will reveal it later.
  • a $30 giftcard to Urban 
  • a pad of really nice paper, a calligraphy pen with several different pen tips and black, magenta and green ink 
  • a Harry Potter coloring book (over 300 pages! I know what I'll be doing on the plane ride to California), a bag of Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans (I'm terrified of these, yet intrigued at the same time), and an Arctic Monkeys mix tape. 
  • and last but no where near least, a framed and autographed picture that I took with Darren Criss last summer, that my wonderful friend Esme got signed for me when she went backstage at the Glee concert Thursday. I almost cried when she gave it to me. He wrote: "Hey Odelia! Happy birthday! Great pic! I miss my hair... *heart* *autograph* *smiley face* !" Esme sort of lied and said it was my birthday the next day so he'd write something personal. I secretly wanted him to know that I have the same birthday as Harry Potter so that he'd think I'm cool, but I'm glad I got the autograph. More than glad. It's sitting on my dresser. I look at it before I go to bed and when I wake up in the morning. 
It was a very successful birthday, if you just read the above list. 

My friend Asha took some pictures, so I'll post those when she puts them on Facebook. 

Lola and Mich slept over, and we read Damn You, Autocorrect! and watched some Barats and Bereta videos, as well as some Jake and Amir

And now we get to today: the Glee concert!!!! 

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm NOT a "Gleek." I do, however, watch and enjoy the show. If you don't like the show, that's totally fine with me, but don't leave anything in the comments about it, I get enough of that from my friends already. Thank you. 

I was a little unsure of what to wear to the concert, but I decided on my mom's blue 80's romper with my Urban Outfitters braided belt, an owl necklace I got for my birthday from Forever 21 and a pair of black and white striped flats. I also braided my hair and turbanded with the scarf I bought at Hamlet's Vintage a while back. 

The concert was incredible. We had pretty decent seats, and even my dinky little camera took some decent pictures. Here are a few: 
 Singing "Don't Stop Believin'" in their grand entrance.

 Brittany S. Pearce getting her Britney Spears on.

 Darren Criss actually said sang "I love you" several times in some "Silly Love Song(s)". I said sang the same to him, several times.

 Sam and Quinn sure are "Lucky" to be in love with their best friends. Look where that got Quinn, though (pregnant and lonely). Abstinence is key here.

 That's Artie and the crew, dancing as though he had the physical capability to. He should not be telling us to "Safety Dance"; it seems quite dangerous to rely so heavily on legs that don't work by dancing.


 New Directions + Darren Criss apparently need "Somebody to Love."

 Everyone just came onstage and jammed out at the end.

After the concert we spent nearly an hour looking for our car in the parking lot. We would. My mom, sister and I then drove to my Aunt Pam's house for my cousin Becky's surprise birthday party. I mostly hung out with my older cousin Sara and her two friends, Sara(h?) and Hana, my aunt, my mom and my sister. My cousin Sara is an extremely talented photographer (check her out here and here), and she took a few pictures of my outfit today. She thinks I'm a hipster, and was fascinated by my turband, I believe.

It's currently 1:25 a.m., and I am kind of sick from screaming singing my lungs out today at the concert, in addition to what I had before, which I got by my sister refusing to cover her mouth when she coughed. This is the longest blog post I've ever written, I think. NEW RECORD!!!!

Things have stopped making sense, so I'm going to bed.


1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday! I'm having my picnic birthday soon, isn't that funny?
    You got some really nice gifts C:

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!