Sunday, June 19, 2011

Jeffrey Campbell (Chicken Noodle Possibilities!)


Just kidding, this post has absolutely nothing to do with Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup, but rather Jeffrey Campbell, a shoe designer that I have recently seen more and more of. I've never really been much of a shoe person, even once I got into fashion and actually thinking about my outfits. And being obsessed. It was one of those things I sort of ignored for myself, but I still acknowledged a nice pair of shoes when I saw them. But lately, I've started to become more interested in all kinds of shoes, as you can see in my two posts about my new platforms (which are supposed to come tomorrow!!!!). I think I'm also going to get more into bags soon as well, because I'm not much of a bag person either. That's about to change.

Jeffrey Campbell has been popping up all over the place recently: on Kaylee Nicole's blog Wild Flower and mostly at Urban Outfitters. I saw some JC platforms at Urban the other day that I really liked, but they were too expensive for my $75 budget ($75 at the very most, mind you). I got an email from Urban this morning about the new Jeffrey Campbell shoes that they just got in, so naturally I checked it out. I fell in love with this man's shoes. While eating breakfast, I decided to go through Urban's JC collection and pick out my favorites. Most of these are fairly inexpensive for adults, but for teenagers who buy their own clothes/shoes/accessories, they're outrageously expensive. There are however, a few pairs on sale. I saw one pair for $39.99!!! That's even less than the ones I just bought, but the JC ones aren't really platform wedges. You'll see them below in a quick sec.

These were the first pair I saw in the store. I picked them up and checked the price, then immediately put them down again. I did see another woman buying them later that day, though. They're a little tall for me, just because of my age, but if you're into the extreme height then go for it. The color is great for summer because orange is making a comeback as small accents, like as a nail polish shade, or for a colorblocking bag.

These are similar to the orange ones above, but I think they're a bit more versatile. The shape is simple yet original (see how on the crossing straps, one of them is eating the other one? That's what I'd call cannibalistic chic.), and the neutral color is easy to pair with nearly everything. Again, they're pretty tall, but if you can handle it then more power to you. The good thing about this pair and the orange platforms is that they're not too wedge-ish, so they won't be uncomfortable. The one thing I hate about all the heels that I have (the 2 pair that I have) is that they make the balls of my feet hurt like a bitch. Remember my graduation party? I wore those heels for 4 hours straight and then couldn't feel my feet for two days.

These are pretty sick shoes, I must say. JC is really into the cutout style, which you'll see with the next picture. These are what I would call statement shoes, from the cutout-ness to the print to the height—all of it screams “LOOK AT ME!! I'M DOWN HERE, THAT'S WHY IT'S HARD TO HEAR ME. YES LOOK DOWN, AT HER FEET. YEAH, RIGHT THERE. GOOD.” I really like these shoes, but like most of Jeffrey's shoes, they're a tad out of my current price range, if you know what I'm saying.

These snazzy kicks are a combo of several of my favorite things: platforms, cutouts, oxfords, the color white, wooden heels, and Jeffrey Campbell. Campbell's should create a new flavor, called Jeffrey Campbell Cutout Oxford Wedge. Sounds delish to me. I'd wear these shoes no doubt. But if you look at them for a while, you start to realize that there's just a huge freaking gap where your foot should go. That worries me a little. Sometimes you have to sacrifice some things for fashion, though, right? *Gulps and eyes the shoes nervously* Some is the key word here, I think.

I also love combat boots and Doc Martens, and cutouts, so when you mush them together, it's like Jeffrey just created a beautiful combat boot and chopped out the heel. Or got lazy and forgot to draw the heel in when he sent the drawings to the manufacturers. Just so you know, I have no idea how that works, so I don't think that's a likely scenario. I just threw that in there to give our imaginations a little bit of a party.

These are on sale and still $129. I might jump on that if I hadn't bankrupted myself this week. I don't regret it, but I did spend $54 at thrift stores/Pippin, $75 on a pair of shoes and $20 on a cute hat at J. Crew that was on sale. I forgot to tell you about that purchase. It was spontaneous—we went to J. Crew on Friday and I almost bought a floppy hat, but wise Mich talked me out of it by asking if I would actually wear it outside. Then we saw this hat, and thought it was adorable, so I spent the last of my cash on it. I apologize: I have digressed so much. More than usual. Anyway, these shoes are really cute because they're platform wedges that are white and are like Vans lace-ups, or some other company's lace-up canvas shoes. I can dig these.

As you should already know, it's Father's Day, so I wrote this while in the car on the way to my grandparent's house. I think I might be stupid and go swimming in their pool with a cough/cold. I have this thing where I'm immune to sickness and things like that so I ignore the obvious and inevitably have to suffer the repercussions. I never really seem to learn.

I might be back later today, but it depends on what we do today. My cousin Sara, the photographer, will also be there today, so I'm going to ask her to take pictures of me. I have my new J. Crew hat on today!

I'm sorry for forgetting to post pictures of my school's production of Oliver!, but I actually have the worst memory in the universe. I'll be senile by age 53, nbd.

I asked my friend Asha to send me the pictures from my birthday party, because I was wearing a pretty good outfit that day. Also, I know that I promised pictures from the beach on Monday, but Asha's camera accidentally deleted them. I can, however, get some pictures from my graduation. There's one that shows my dress pretty well. I'm making a to-do list right now of all the things I need to blog about.

Since I can't show you it right now, I'll just show you a picture of a woman from Coachella who was my outfit twin:
Minus the sunglasses, 'cause there was no sun, and minus the blond hair, because I don't have blond hair, that was basically me.

Have a happy Father's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!