Saturday, June 11, 2011

Black Dress With the Tights Underneath

...Is what everyone else wore to every bat mitzvah and party all year long. I must congratulate my class for not wearing that yesterday to our graduation party, but I am a little disappointed that they only wore dresses and skirts. Now, who EVER said that you can only wear dresses and skirts to parties? What about a romper? Or even better, a jumpsuit? That's what I was thinking when I was picking out what to wear to the party.

It's actually kind of cool: I asked my mom if I could borrow something of hers for the party, and she took out a high-waisted, tight, turquoise denim skirt, a high-waisted leather skirt, a high-waisted floral, pleated skirt and delicious black jumpsuit. I already own one of her black jumpsuits, but I wouldn't say it's the most flattering thing in the world, nor is it appropriate for a party. When I saw it, I was like, "That's it. That's the one." Of course I tried on everything else and marveled at my mom's crazy wardrobe, but I stayed loyal to my good friend the jumpsuit.

About my mom's closet: While searching for these things, we found several totally awesome super-mega-foxy-awesome-hot (this is a double reference to Starkid Theater Company's "A Very Potter Musical") things such as an abstract print crop top pants suit and assorted knit crop tops (my mom was very croppy toppy, I guess), among others.

Jumpsuit: Cee Cee
Shoes: Bandolino via Payless

Sorry about the 1. lack of photographs and 2. lack of photographic skill, my mother grudgingly took one measly photo of me, and reluctantly took the other two from today's earlier post. 

I got several compliments, mostly from my friend Asha, who is a fellow wearer of jumpsuits. Her and I are always talking about clothes. Her clothing comes solely from Forever 21, H&M and Topshop, with the occasional J. Crew sweater. Her style is awesome. I'll have to show you some pictures of her sometime. 

I apologize for not posting in so long, but this week was super busy. On Monday night I got home supah late for some reason, on Tuesday was my science Exploratorium (this is actually a real word, surprisingly), on Wednesday I...had some reason for not posting, or maybe not, I don't know. Extra points for honesty? On Thursday night I went with a few classmates and my awesome librarian Jen to Jen's class she teaches at Pratt Institute to talk about books and reading. I'm a book junkie, sort of. We had lively debate about books vs. Kindles, and about Minecraft, and Ben said the occasional profound quote that Jen tweeted on her iPad. It was a fun night. And then on Friday, I had my graduation party and slept over at Lola's house. And now I'm here, blogging! 

School ends Tuesday, my last day at Little Red. Ever. Next fall I head to LaGuardia. 
On Monday we take a class trip to the beach. I shall definitely post pictures of that at some point. 
I will also post pictures of my graduation. 
And pictures of my school's production of Oliver!, if I ever remember to download the disc of the photos that I have. 

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. Which I'm not, 'cause that wouldn't make any sense. 





1 comment:

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!