Monday, June 20, 2011

Kalyfornia Gurl

We leave for the West Coast in 3 days, and I am super stoked. I've been a mix between super mellow and very irritable this past week, and this is really the only thing I've been excited about for a while. And I'm not even that excited yet.

My beautiful shoes arrived today, and they are awesome. They are a bit too wedge-ish, but I think I can handle it. They're a good color, they fit nicely and are comfortable, and they're not too tall that I feel stupid. Although I do feel like a giant around the rest of my family in them. I tried them on and stood in front of my mom, whose first response was: "God, you're 8 feet tall!" Which is of course an exaggeration, but in them I am considerably taller than her 5'1.5" frame. Livin' the short life.

Here's what my shoes look like, in case you forgot:


I would have taken a picture of me in them to show you all, but I am feeling terribly lazy today because I am sick. Thanks again to mah big sis for coughing all over me all week. You knew at some point I would eventually get sick, which is rare because I never get sick. It happens maybe twice a year at the most. I miss practically no school because of it, but whenever I wish that I were sick so that I could miss school, I try and remember how I feel like crap when I am sick. I can't really blame her for getting me sick, she says, because my immune system just failed this time. But I can blame her for breaching my immune system's security.

I think that at some point tomorrow I am going to go searching for a skirt and a bathing suit, two summer staples, and since California is practically the definition of summer, therefore California staples. I have $30 to spend at Urban and $25 to spend anywhere. That is if I don't touch my checking account. Which I really, really, really shouldn't. I need some money in California. Does anyone know what sales tax is over there? Just kidding, I'll Google it myself.

I just Googled it, and it's a whopping 9.75%!!! Now I really need to save myself some money. Shucks.

I have also requested the photos from my cousin Becky's surprise birthday party from my cousin Sara, because there are some pictures that show what I wore that day (to the Glee concert).

I am going to watch "(500) Days of Summer" with my mom soon. We are going to make homemade caramel popcorn (microwave Orville Redenbacher kettlecorn + Smucker's caramel drizzled on top.) and I might have a glass of chocolate milk. I'm really excited. Zooey Deschanel has been staring at me from the cover of the SELF magazine that's on my dining room table. I think my mom and I are both in the mood for some Joseph Gordon-Levitt, because we caught part of "Inception" on T.V. yesterday, and he's been chillin' in the back of my mind since then. I'll be sure to ask him what the back of my mind is like; I haven't been there for a while.

Please continue to spread the word about this blog if you like it; I got my friend Olivia to read it and now she's my 9th follower! I KNOW YOU'RE READING THIS OLIVIA, SO HAI!!!

I'll be sure to tell J. Gord-Levs that y'all say "hey."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!