Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I'm a Tad Short...

I'm only a bit above 5'2" as of a few months ago. I don't know my exact height, but I'm what someone would call petite. Not for my age, because I still have time to grow, but I'm not expecting anything past 5'4" or 5'5". Even that would be a miracle. My whole family is short. My mom is 5'1.5", my sister is 5'.25" and my dad is 5'8", or something. My sister takes a lot of pride in that quarter inch. It took her a very long time to hit the 5-foot mark.

Today, Lola and I went to Urban Outfitters, then to Second Time Around, then Payless, all in search of a decent pair of platform sandals for me, 'cause I'm so short. And because they're so freaking awesome. We were so successful yesterday, that we thought we might have some luck today. Second Time Around and Payless were a little disappointing, but there were some promising options at Urban. However, I didn't buy anything today. I saw a pair by Cooperative, who also made my brown suede shoes that I bought from Urban and wore almost every day throughout winter and spring, but this pair of sandals were metallic, and stupid little me didn't bother to ask if they had them in any other colors. And of course it turns out they do. So I believe I'll go back either tomorrow or Friday to get them. They are awesome. I can't decide between black and brown, but I'll try both on.

Here they are in black:

 And in brown, or as they call it, cognac:
 These are the ones I tried in the store. Urban's website calls the color "pewter," but I call it metallic.
If you click this link you'll find these shoes and you can order them and we can be shoe twinsies!!!!

P.S. I wore my denim jacket for the first time today, and I'm wearing it again tomorrow. It's incredible. I also wore a fedora today. It was fun.

1 comment:

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!