Thursday, December 22, 2011

Winter Solstice

Happy winter, everyone!

Yup, you'd never guess, but it's the shortest day of the year and the first day of winter today. And it was 56 degrees outside. On December 22nd. I am greatly disappointed in Mother Nature. You hear that, Nature? Disappointed.

I actually used my tripod and remote for the first time today, and the improvement in the photos is cray-cray. No more awkward lighting, weird doormats and excessive appearance of the floor and ceiling. Let us rejoice! Thank you, mom! You're the best! She also completely surprised me and got me the Harper's Bazaar Greatest Hits book by Editor in Chief Glenda Bailey. I'm beyond excited. This woman...she knows me well.

Anyway, here are my first photos taken with my tripod! Plus, stick around until the end of this post, I have some very exciting news to share with you all.

All photos taken by me (forever!!!).

Let's ignore the fact that half my face is darker than the other half. That never happened.

Top: Urban Outfitters 
Jeans: Candies, modified by me
Jacket: Hamlet's Vintage
Socks: Great question. 
Brogues: Giorgio Brutini via Savers

I can't believe I've never photographed this jacket before! I literally lived in it for a good 10 months--October to April of last year. And now it's back. Even if military chic is not as big of a trend this year, I don't care. I still love this jacket with all my heart. 

Just havin' a bit o' fun.

Now we get down to business.

Notice the rolled sleeve. I think this is so cool-looking. I can't take credit though--I learned to do it from two really stylish girls in my math class, Caroline and Sadie. Credz to them!

I was wearing red lipstick earlier today, and it matched my shoes/socks/earrings, which are right below this caption. 

You see those pink ones that are actually rubies in real life? My mom got those for me for Hanukkah, and they're hearts, which you also can't see in this photo. Whatevs, guys. 

Now for the exciting news! Remember how I mentioned a while back (exactly a month ago, actually! Whoa.) that Vogue Patterns magazine was going to feature my blog in their February/March issue, which they'd send me in January? Well, it came in the mail today, to my complete shock. I was expecting it in a few weeks, you see, seeing as it is still December and not yet January. I took a picture of the little blurblet to show you all, since you won't be able to see it unless you buy the issue. Feel free to if you'd like, it's on display until March 13th, 2012, so you've got time.  

When I read this, I literally died. I can't believe how nice their review was. (This is the link to the Missoni/YSL/Levi's/Spongebob outfit they're referring to.) If you're reading this, thank you so much! I could not be happier right now. 

Tomorrow is my last day of school until winter break (thank GOD, I'm so ready), so hopefully I'll get to do all the blog things I want to do. I feel like I have a title to represent now that I've been published in a magazine. Things just got real. 

See you next season! (Get it, 'cause it's the first full day of winter tomorrow? I'll probably use that one again on New Years'...don't be surprised if it rears its little head come December 31st.) 

2 comments:

  1. THIS IS SO EXCITING I HAD TO COMMENT. EVEN THOUGH I READ THIS BLOG LIKE LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE DAY. congrats on the review, you deserved it <3 keep posting, i have no life and so need this to keep in touch with the world...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos!

    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    SHOP: www.saboskirt.com
    BLOG: www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!