Sunday, December 25, 2011

Many Non-Denominational Holiday Wishes To You

At my middle school, we weren't allowed to do Secret Santa, we had to do Secret Non-Denominational Holiday Gift Giving. That's quite a mouthful. Just try saying it out loud.

Anyway, even though Christmas is nearly over, I thought I'd throw in a post in honor of Jesus Christ's birthday. Notice how I said "in honor of" and nothing about it being related to the holiday itself. This post is still paying homage to our illegitimate winter solstice from a few days ago. Due to the lack of light on that day, my family had planned to shut off all of the lights in our apartment and light as many candles as we could. We actually only shut off all of the lights in one room and lit four candles. Plus our menorah. So I guess that makes eight in total, but they weren't all in the same room so our Chanukah candles don't really count. Then we also had festive fairy lights, or Christmas lights, whatever you want to call them. I think we should rename winter solstice to "Candle/Non-Denominational Festive Holiday Lights Commemoration Day." I feel like that fits it more, don't you think?

Here are just some pictures I took of our mini-celebration.






Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukah/Jolly Kwanzaa!! (Tomorrow is Umoja, you know, the first day of Kwanzaa.)



1 comment:

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!