Thursday, December 1, 2011

Trending Next Spring: Faux Activewear

Hi guys! This is just a quick post; I thought since midterms were over, I'd have more time. That would be a negative. I probably shouldn't be doing this right now, and should be getting ready for bed, but I'm not, because I feel bad that I haven't blogged for like four days. Way too long.

If you read my article on Chictopia about men wearing sweatpants and sports attire in public, then you know how much I despise when people wear such clothing. However, the designers were feeling a sporty vibe for next season. I'm open to new ideas: are you down? Take your time to decide.

The key to rocking the sporty look is to keep it clean--don't be sloppy. You can look polished but still active, and remember that sportswear is not activewear. The trend is not really activewear, it's like faux activewear (hence the title of this post).

Let's see the evidence, shall we?

All photos courtesy of style.com.

Get that "I just came from the gym and I'm secretly sweaty and gross yet I still look like a hot chick" look: 


                               Alexander Wang                                                                     Alexander Wang
     

 Alexander Wang


 Look cazh (casual): 

                                Isabel Marant                                                                          Isabel Marant
     

 Alexander Wang

...Also the entire Alexander Wang S/S 2012 show. Just sayin'.

As you can see, there were really only two designers who jumped on the bandwagon here, but I thought you might want to see this trend anyway (and it also took less time than other ones might have, which is good because I'm rushing here.)

I hope to be back to a regular schedule soon! Just bear with me. It's almost winter break, thank gooseness. 

Also, I cut my hair. Like, short. Not pixie cut short, but you'll see soon. It's straight/blow dried right now, so I look like I'm from the 1960's. I feel a bit like Alexa Chung on the cover of Harper's Bazaar UK"s October issue, not gonna lie. Hopefully I can snag a picture of it. I also have some pictures to put up. SO MANY THINGS TO DO ON HERE, IT'S CRAZY. Just to show you how busy I am, I have not checked the Man Repeller all week. When that happens, you know shiz is real. 

Peace out and good night, pups! (No idea where that little nickname came from...it's late at night. We don't ask questions at this hour.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Me What's On Your Mind, Dear Readers!